Realm selection for new player

Hi,

After leaving the game in Cataclysim I am looking to come back and start in an English server. I play horde and l would like to join a realm with plenty of world pvp. What realm do you recommend?

Does war mode toggle put your character into a phase with mixed population from all eu servers? If that is the case, is relevant choosing a balanced horde-alliance realm or should I choose a high horde or high alliance realm?

As you see I am quite lost with these new sharding and macro-realms mechanics. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

There are no realms in War Mode, just RP War Mode shards and normal War Mode shards - which are in theory faction balanced per BfA zone. Join an RP realm to be in RP WM, and a normal realm to be in normal WM.

They say RP War Mode is faction balanced in Alliance favour, and normal War Mode faction balanced in Horde favour. But, only thing I’ve noticed is… RP War Mode has a lower volume of players in zones than normal War Mode. I prefer normal WM.

The realm you choose could depend on if you want to be in a WPvP guild - check this one for Horde!

3 Likes

Heyy, thank you so much for recommending us, Vaeyn! :grin:

Also, Gorko, if you’re looking for some hardcore world PvP fun I suggest you check out our guild’s youtube channel, and check if we’d be a right fit for you. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you both for your answers. I don’t really like roleplay so I will go to a normal realm.

Beyond normal and RP, do choice of realm only matters for joining a guild, trading with other players and in the actionhouse? Wouldn’t then be better choice to select a massive-horde populated server like Draenor or Kazzak?

Do you know if there is any wpvp from lvls 10 to 120?

Great video Abomination! The wpvp I look for is more casual and unorganized. I just like the idea of doing some pvp while leveling without joining a bg.

1 Like

Ye, can just choose your preferred normal realm then. Not sure about the lower level wpvp, hope you see some action!

If you haven’t noticed the faction imbalance in favour of the alliance in WM on RP realms, you clearly haven’t played both factions in WM. Alliance WM on RP realms is playing in easy mode.

I’ve only played Alliance on both, rp wm was boring.

Thanks! On RP realms alliance has a population of 70% compared to 30% of horde, so we encounter loads of people while we are leveling, or just doing anything in WM, really. However, we do lots of unorganised PvP as well, just DM any guildie or two for random gank sessions and people are more than happy to tag along.

If you do have any further questions, just add me on #MilanGrujic#1256

Edit: Also vaeyn when will you join us? hahah

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.