Rebuild Darnassus?

Infuse it with enough life energy and it could, theoretically, grow back to what it once was.

The established ‘rules’ change so frequently that it’d barely be worthy of raising an eyebrow, especially with how the equivalent ‘destroyed’ city in the form of the Undercity was conveniently rid of the Blight.

It’s far more profitable for the night elves to live in a Nordrassil bis, than to waste time and energy bringing back Teldrassil, which was never that special.

The Forsaken getting rid of the Blight, is like they getting rid of the presence of Synvanas (In a metaphorical sense). Night elves don’t need Teldrassil for their story. Forsaken needs Lordearon.

1 Like

At this point, does the Forsaken really exsist? With the new Friendcraft theme, I don’t get why the Forsaken can’t just mingle with society at this point.

If you can tolerate the ones who burned your children to ash, I am sure you can tolerate a bony-boy.

So, Forsaken can just live anywhere. It is fine. The faction have no purpose, as they are just citizens of the Council Horde State.

They are no different from a orc, human or vulpera.

1 Like

Of course they still exist.

Night elves tolerate us only for gameplay purposes. Storywise, racism must still be pretty present. And not just for the night elves.

You can walk freely inside Stormwind or the Exodar even if you play a man’ari eredar. In reality, you will be obliterated at first sight. Because there’s no way that an eredar will ne forgiven for all his actions.

1 Like

At this point in World of Friendcraft, a Man’ari would enter the Exodar in a cinematic. The Draneii would be all “grumble grumble” and there would be an intense moment of “oh, look, they very very angry”. BUT THEN… Velen or who ever the duck, sure, why not a random Na’ruu show up and look at the angry angry Draneii and give them a stirn nod. They nod back, and step back. End Scene.

Then you are told they are now friends, and they let the ‘lorefanatics’ pretend that they can RP that there is still “consequences” and “distrust” by giving Man’ari a debuff called “they are very very angry at you - it don’t matter, but in a book it will be referenced, trust”.

I don’t care if the Horde gets a debuff. Because they did genocide the Night Elves. It was the Horde that did it, and that has apparently been now seen as accepted to stay. “Oh look out, they are looking at you - OoooOOoooOoooo - ConSuQuenCES for your ActiOonZ”. This story lacks consequences over all. As the story writers just want a easy going toothless setting.

Lore shown says noone really cares. Because if anyone did care, consequences would have to been represented in the game too. Hey, if all consequences for a genocide is that the population magically respawns and old NPCs all come back, being all “I lost someone, very sadge”, then that is what it is. They are the gods of this universe.

I still personally find it boring, uninspired and undermining of the setting. Though, truth be told, after Shadowlands, I really don’t care. It just flattened all remaining things I cared about. Now I am just left with a burned down tree, a new happy ‘everyone is welcome’ tree and a world where death doesn’t matter.

That’s not gonna happen. I understand that you don’t like the state of the Alliance and the Horde right now (even if this is how Alliance and Horde were actually supposed to be since the end of Warcraft 3). But lets not exaggerate things.

Yes, storywise, Horde shouldn’t be accepted in the city. Even with the debuff. This is why I say they’re tolerated only for gameplay purposes. It doesn’t make Horde “friends” with Night elves.

I mean, the debuff shown that they still hold a grudge. It’s poor, yes. But at least there something.

What gameplay purpose would that be? I mean, before we knew more I argued that this debuff was probably something restricted to some specific quests that led you to the settlement, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Not to mention that we haven’t seen any quest content in the new settlement at all. This isn’t an endgame quest zone, it’s a new place that doesn’t really seem to be tied to gameplay at all, after its introduction. We won’t be fighting any big threats that need faction cooperation from there, and we haven’t been promised patch feature content there, like we were in Gilneas.

There really is no reason to treat this as anything other than an Alliance zone, as far as I can see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.