Rebuild Darnassus?

I like new Night Elf Capital City of Bel’ameth, but the question is why not rebuild Darnassus?

The tree got burned by ubermagical fire, that engulfed a living tree, in the middle of the sea, into hellfire in moments. God, the range of those catapults, even the wind was in on it!

It all is just a husk and dead. Heck, hellfire probably still burning, making sure to send all that anima to the shadowlands. Elune ain’t gonna waste a drop of the stuff!

Now combine that with all the plague and jazz. The whole operation kill all the Night Elves and make sure they can’t resettle. Yeah. Ain’t easy.

Not to mention, the horde would just genocide them again and say ‘woopsie, we did it again. Forgive us, Friends?’ and the Nelfs would just have to magically respawn their population over again. All that magical respawning takes too much effort to be worth it.

There simply isn’t that many nelfs left that care for their heritage and connection to the place. They all burned, children and all. Fodder for the anima fields in Ardenwield. The few of the living that cared, turned primalist and got slain by the peacemongers.

So yeah. Simple as. Something like that.

Would you try to rebuild in a plague ridden landscape bordered by a horde who would love to massacre you again at a drop of a hat?

or…

Live in a magical fairy happy place land of Dragons, protected by Dragons. So your new generation can learn how to say how times have changed and you must let go of tens of thousands of years of tradition?

Yep, 2nd option is the best one of the two. Beldrasil it is.

5 Likes

I don’t really like Darnassus,never really liked,the stone buildings were annoying and ugly,like some ruines,the strategy of Darnassus city were bad positioned,there was all just about trade,no a place where people would fish,where go with boat,but i liked more Teldrassil then Darnassus or Ironforge then Darnassus.

Why do you want a dead RP location with outdated graphics back?

Because filthy horde will never be welcomed in Danassus. As of now on PTR filthy horde is welcome in Bel’Ameth. That’s why. No one wants you there

Cry harder. Also ptr is work in progress. It will change.

Crying? Hell no I am :rage:
Besides, they will not change. The bias towards horde is visible since launch day.
So stop posting threads spreading false propaganda how Blizzard hates the horde and biases Alliance.
They in fact said themselves: WE HATE WRITING FOR ALLIANCE.
If that is not confirmation then I don’t know what is.
You horde are in good hands. Getting everything Alliance have, from mounts to Tmogs etc.
Will be awsome seing cow mogged in Night Elf Warden set in few months after year of trading post ends

Bee mount. Nuff said.

I like the fact they didn’t rebuild Darnassus. It would be less impactful if they did.

I’d say it held up rather well over the years and had a more mystical art style to it compared to what is set to replace it. Not to mention Teldrassil’s sense of scale is impressive for the time in which it was made.

Then again, some of us are actually fans of Elves in general across the board rather than either of the two factions which have led each the various Elven races to lose more and more of what makes them interesting.

just talk to the bronze dragon … there you go there tree is back :smiley:

No you only liked it cuz Blizzard gave the nelves dominion over the good parts of Kalimdor.

Because Blizzard want you on their dumb dragon island so next time the story takes us to the night elf capitals we can see Mon-ark again and we can all laugh at their amazing 2021-era reddit memes in 2030.

I think it would be fun to go back to Teldrassil and Darnassus .
But not to rebuild it , but see it infested with some twilights hammer cultist or old god worshipers and who knows what , covered in flames , plague and souls of killed elves ( or echoes ? I guess they went to fertilize the new tree). The zone could be fairly fun as you try to beat whatever evil works there and see all the chaos and destruction that ensued after the horde attack .

I wish Darnassus never burned, thats why I ask about to rebuild Darnassus. It is very bad decision and it ruins wow.

It’s not a bad decision. You don’t like it, but it’s not bad.

If they’d brought Teldrassil back, it would have made the burning less impactful.

Do you miss Teldrassil ? Good. You’re actually supposed to miss it. That’s what makes you involved in the event as a player.
You would have been less involved if Teldrassil could just be rebuilt. Because why should we be invested about the destruction of a capital of a core race if it can just be rebuilt in the next expansion?

I agree that the tree loss was a meaningfull thing and added that ‘scorned’ element to night elves which was cool and added a bit of darkness to them

At the same time I hope putting it on a patch isle next to an expansion isle doesn’t mean we’ll never revisit it again.

I know they claimed to be going for a more evergreen design with the game but judging how usually old expansion stories were ended when the expansions ended… I have slight concerns

Because it’s not possible? Teldrassil was burned up to its roots. There’s nothing left there besides a dead tree. Once the roots are destroyed it’s not possible to grow it back as there’s no life left in it.

1 Like

Was it? I mean… that tree rose out of the water. Do we have any statement that it burned down to the roots, or why do you assume that?

Because the tree even after all this time hasn’t started growing back. Nor does it bloom anymore. The tree is dead up to its roots. Otherwise something would have happened to it.

1 Like