Recommendation picking server for alliance

If wpvp is what you’re after then I recommend realms like Sylvanas, Outland and Ravencrest. These realms are all alliance heavy in their population(With Outland being the most populated out of the 3, but they’re all populated though), and their mainly pvp servers too. So you’ll likely to encounter alot of players with wm on there. On both sides that is.

1 Like

But if you activate the PvP mode, you see people from other servers too, the ones who activated the mode and were put in the same shard than you.

My only concern with non RP servers is that I’ve read that the Horde outnumber the Alliance, and they camp a lot. I don’t mind being in the minority faction, but only if I know that I wil be able to enjoy pvp out there without being ganked 24/7 if I want to pvp.

I thought that RP pvp shards were balanced, but maybe if the you can’t find hordes there it would be more fun to play in the minority faction instead.

I don’t know what to do though.

Ravencrest/Silvermoon/AD

Due to the feedback I received on this post from role-players, I’ve edited this out. My intention was to highlight the failure of Warmode, and suggesting moving to an RP server was not the best way to do so. I apologize for that. Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Do I dare say it? :smiley: Gold… shire… Inn :smiley:

Just to make for everyone clear here what the Hardcore-RPers think (edit: typo) about this advice and likely you now:

3 Likes

A forum “MVP” suggesting that someone rolls on a roleplaying realm for non-roleplaying reasons.

What a disgrace lmao

16 Likes

Well both horde and alliance here on Argent Dawn have wpvp/pvp focused guilds.

Don’t let the power of green text get to your head.
The OP wanted an alliance heavy realm not dominated by horde over crz, it’s pretty much the only answer they can give due to how CRZ works on RP realms.

1 Like

I see that post on our forum too and I completely disagree with it. It’s like elitist behaviour but for roleplayers.

RP comes in so many different forms.
In my experience the only players that should be banned are the Lolers who spam stuff and mount on top of people.

Otherwise let people rp their own ways, using lore or not using lore, using /roll for choices, being very lighthearted and comedic… it’s all viable RP and everybody has a different journey for their characters, some player get reeled in to RP easier when it’s all on the cusp of light hearted banter.

These are the same people that will tunnel you down based on your class and put you in a box before you can speaj because they don’t have any imagination outside of their own parameters, these players should stick to their own RP groups instead of trying to get others removed instead.

Did you actually read the post that Leafkettle posted?

You just posted a load of completely unrelated nonsense.

6 Likes

Here take my like and calm yourself down.

P.s it’s completed related to their post.

ok thanks but it still doesnt seem like you read it since it is completely unrelated

3 Likes

He takes another posters suggestion and points out what the hardcore rpers feel on players who are not solely dedicate to RP.

Kreymore writes a response that shares why he feels those hardcore RPers have their head in the clouds.

that’s not what the linked thread is about at all; its about people who don’t rolpelay at all/grief roleplay

hence the wacky spiel about “rp what u want!!!” was very unrelated

2 Likes

Yes. I am referring to all in my post.

Those who don’t RP and how being more open and loose can entice people to take it up.
Those who grief (Lolers)
Or those that RP but do so in crazy ways who get labeled griefers(as the rp style is not suited to their personal taste).

Now we starting to take the bus off route just a bit, anyway, you don’t have to be an RPer to play on an RP realm so it is a viable choice for the OP or any player who are interested.

but you absolutely should be/have an interest in it

4 Likes

Making fun of RPers or interrupting events should never happen but its up to player if he wants to RP or not~ I have never seen ANY hardcore RPer when playing on Alliance alt~ everyone was mounting their dragons out of thin air while leaving (portal area) mage tower and stuff like that.

I had no idea what to expect when i first joined the realm.

Played here like 10years now, there is so many different types of RP.
Some is just pure joking around but people are somewhat acting and having fun so I can appreciate it. I have dabbled in each aspect of it but most of the time I am OOC and playing the game.
Sometimes it’s nice to not be involved at all and just watch RPers and learn.

Also even if you elect to go fully in character there are plenty who will outright blank players for whatever reason, I think I see the idea they are proposing but in reality I don’t think it will work on a realm dedicated to thousands of players, that is why there are guilds and communities, so you can create these places and experiences for yourself.

Most HC-RPer are at various spots and either in guilds or communities so that time-management is easier to handle. Local places, like SW bank/ah are more or less non-RP spots. It really depends where you’re looking for and if you scan the people with Total RP or not.

The linked topic contains the collected grudge from the RPers and I cannot blame them. After starting a new HMT during the 15th anni, my character got stalked and killed at least five times in the upper levels of the caverns of time (and anyone who KNOWS how sh* it is to die up there, spawning five !! minutes away from your corpse) from high level players. After some time I simply had enough and took my time to write them personally.

One person just wanted to grief on low levels because of Horde-bias and after I told him that this is a RP-character I try to push during the event for some levels to unlocks mogs, he realized that his character-transferred LV120-character is on a RP-realm. Well, duh. He told me that he simply switched to AD because he wanted to join a big Alliance-server for the WM-bonus.

And with that said, we went full circle now. We have players there who simply don’t care or are aware of what kind of server AD is - and this is a serious problem which lead to “some” topics in /AD. Given the massive backlash in the linked topic alone (1,5k posts en massive spam/hate/whatever within only two days until it got closed), you can be sure that there is a certain “dislike” for normal players, like the one who grieved me. He should have transferred to EU-Silvermoon, not to AD.

tl;tr: Don’t advice coming to AD if you don’t care for RP. As long as people don’t find out about you and you not using a RP-tool, like Total RP3, you’re fine to remain in an oblivious bubble.

7 Likes

Don’t come to AD for Alliance PvE, go to Ravencrest or Silvermoon.

And please stop suggesting RP servers to the OOC PvE/PvPers.

We have 1 realm left okay? You have plenty of others, go there.

Unless you want to RP, then you are welcome.

EDIT: Silvermoon, not Sylvanas

Antonidas is another realm fit for alliance, and look, all three of those realms have double the score AD does, you will be better suited to going there.

11 Likes