A thread which should be unnecessary: OOCers

As pretty much all of us know, Argent Dawn has a sect of players in it who don’t RP, make fun of RP, or even try to grief RP, despite it being a RP realm. This topic has been spoken about many times before, but with this still being a relevant issue, I’ll keep this a relevant topic.

What do you think about OOCers on Argent Dawn?

I’ll start with my opinion:
OOCers on Argent Dawn should either learn to roleplay, or leave the realm. There are plenty of other realms far more suited to the content they want to play. If their friends are on Argent Dawn and they want to play with their friends, they should learn to RP.

53 Likes

:airplane:

20 Likes

People that don’t roleplay on a roleplaying server don’t belong here - it’s as simple as that. There should be absolutely no debate about this as there are various other servers for people that don’t roleplay, those of which are tailored more to their preferences in regards to playing the game.

I’m sure a few specific culprits will try to disagree with this when they see this thread, but quite frankly, they’re absolutely incorrect. There is 0 (zero) point in sympathising with lost non-roleplayers that somehow, for some reason, wound up on Argent Dawn.

They don’t belong here.

33 Likes

Get :clap: out :clap: of :clap: my :clap: RP :clap: realm :clap: if :clap: you :clap: don’t :clap: plan :clap: to :clap: RP :clap:

33 Likes

People being on an RP server but not rping is like people going to a clothing store to buy food.
You might, just might be able to find it there, but it sure ain’t the optimal place to be looking for food.

11 Likes

Ive read a very good analogy quite recently here on AD forums that spoke of this issues very clearly.
People say they come to RP servers for community, atmosphere, or to just watch people RP.
But do they also go to expensive restaurants to see people eat, enjoy the atmosphere but dont order any of the food? No. That would get you kicked out.

19 Likes

Get off my server (and my forum) non-RPers

If you’re not an RPer step off a pier

9 Likes

It’s preaching to the choir. We all agree that non-roleplayers should pick a realm more suited to their interests, but it’s not possible for us to enforce that beyond suggesting that they move on.

Ideally, Blizzard would be the ones to enforce it, but I’m not sure quite how they’d differentiate the roleplayer from the non-roleplayer.

9 Likes

no, it’s not. that’s why this thread is about your opinion, not a way to actually remove the oocers, i think a fair amount of us know that kind of thing is just a far off dream

3 Likes

People from off realms coming to RP realms has always been a problem, has it now? I mean, it is getting progressively worse or was it always like the way it is now?

I remember the infamous “Project 60” fiasco where all streamers told OOCers to go grief and level to 60 on Argent Dawn…
Good Lord, “”“great times”"" to be a roleplayer. Good that this stupid fad died off.

6 Likes

Our opinions are:

Roleplaying realms are for roleplayers. We then all upvote each other and nod sagely.

We’re right, but it’s just a circle of people agreeing and - presumably - shouting down anyone with another perspective.

You hit the nail on the head in your OP.

9 Likes

How do you define an OOC player? I mean it’s super easy in the cases where they just don’t RP at all, but what if they go IC once a month? A week? Every half year?

I’m being facetious here, I doubt there is much point in trying to distill and quantify the requirements for an RPer. That way lies RP licenses. Rather, I think it’s worth bearing in mind that some players, arguably most of us, could well be considered in a gray area. Very few of us forego PvX entirely, and some are quite engaged in such aspects of the game.

6 Likes

I do quite like the new defense though from OOCer’s(one in particular). To use your analogy:

“I’ve seen people eat outside this clothing store, so I no longer believe the sign is correct. It is a food store and I will treat it as such regardless what’s inside it!”

7 Likes

Do you RP

Y/N

That’s how easy it can be

8 Likes

I mean, a good suggestion would perhaps be to reduce the roleplaying servers to one per country (Or something close) And then make sure the Roleplaying rules are enforced, perhaps adding a few more.

Roleplay populations then die overnight. I don’t think there’s enough players to keep up active communities in that case.

Sounds absolutely based, I’m in

12 Likes

I didn’t even mind the concept of Project 60 and people can do what they want, but hosting it on a roleplaying server was quite frankly the farthest suitable option in terms of realms.

Streamers (of which I don’t have a hatred for, by the way - I actually watch the people in question that hosted it, sue me) had this weird spiel in which, IIRC, they were “roleplaying” playing vanilla. It was a very brainlet-tier justification and they were well aware that their choice of realm was incorrect.

3 Likes

Was that directed at me?