Recruiting for foreign language guilds

I’m sure they are, but there is noting false about it - I’ve not posted examples of the abusive whispers I get as to avoid breaking the “naming & shaming” rules, in addition some of those tells are likely to get me a forum ban if I posted them in text.

But eh you go on being you, and making baseless assumptions.

and that filled up your ignore list?

I find it hard to believe you as my assumption is hardly baseless, just take a gander at your behaviour on the forum before this and heck look at the OP where you demand people to change their behaviour to not offend you.

As stated it is not against the tos and you have no right to impede anyone elses actions on this server so you are simply being entitled.

You mention your ignore list is struggling with the amount of your reports so as an outsider yes, which side is right? Yourself whom has had such a massive amount of negative interactions with people or all the people who had a negative interaction with you?

Baseless. Sure.

I ask if they would please, key words “plea”, “would you mind”. I know English isn’t the first language of everybody, but really jumping from that to “demand” is a bit of a stretch.

No I dont.

I say

Because I do conciser the limited space valuable, and I’d rather reserve it for people with whom I’d never want to do instances again.

By yeah I do report people who send me racist, demeaning or misogynistic slurs - and since it doesn’t stop them from sending continued whispers I also need to ignore them to make it stop.

You seem really, really angry - but I’m sure there are better ways of handling it than this.

uhm, what?

Weird, I somehow never get those. It’s either the Alliance is full of tolerant and progressive people like me, or you are acting in such an obnoxious way that you bring out the worst of people.
Or you might be just making things up, but I highly doubt that, people like you never tend to do that to justify their endless victim status after all.

1 Like

That’s rather funny considering the title and objective of this thread.

How dare they speak in a language different to yours eh?

Sorry you are not the victim here, you are the perpetrator.

This is correct. You however act like a douche with no respect and should chill out a little bit. Asking people to keep general and public chats English, on an English speaking server isn’t wrong in any way.

It can’t be enforced, but you can also just be nice to the community and keep it English. Instead of choosing the path of insulting, making fun of and being a rövhatt online.

1 Like

Fuseblower blames Scandies! Scandies are weird folks from far flung lands where sun don’t shine. Scandies type with keyboard upside down and put dots above every letter.

Fuseblower knows because Fuseblower is Dutch Gnomette and Fuseblower can see Scandie lands up north. Mists hide Scandie lands where naked Scandies perform pagan rituals in dark forests!

But Fuseblower knows Scandies don’t know any better because Scandies just evolved beyond knocking-rocks-together phase of progress. Scandies not smart like polyglot Dutch Gnomes who speak at least four languages and speak Common even better than Common People themselves!

3 Likes

Who are you to judge what I do or say?

You have no right to ask anything and if you ask and you get an offended person angry with you then it is your fault not theirs.

On Db we had plenty of polish guilds all through the years they typed an advertisement in /1 and that was it if this really offends anyone maybe your life is becoming abit too nice and easy as their is plenty of things in life to be irritated with rather than making this disgusting borderline racist thread.

Are you also asking people who speak foreign language on the street to shut up switch to English? There is no difference if you are doing it in RL or in game it’s a form of discrimination that understandably pisses people off.

1 Like

But you are not discriminating by not speaking english in an english labeled server…ok…
Try keeping it in english if the server language is english, you will be filling peoples ignore lists and be unable to do anything fairly quick otherwise…

1 Like

Im pretty sure they would not want to group with anyone who is willing to do that anyway. :slight_smile:

While I personally don’t care if people speak other languages than english in the server, I’d imagine forming groups and doing things together would be kinda hard, if everyone speaks different languages. That’s why I’ll go with english anyway and not talk finnish, even if there’s another finn in the group or guild.

Nothing against people speaking other languages, that is not my meaning. Just that it’s more convenient when doing things together :grinning:

Maybe you shouldn’t be on forums if you are offended when people call you out for being a douche.

Maybe it’s just this once, have seen you all over the forums and you seem to be pretty cool guy and positive. But in this thread you have been very douchy.

2 Likes

Huh?

I honestly don’t give two shi what you say?

Stop acting hard on the forum.

I’ll just leave it at that, I just didn’t think being a douche was nice here but you obviously want to be one. Could have just said sorry :slight_smile: I’m not trying to be hard or anything, just annoying with people bullying.

3 Likes

That plea holds the unrealistic expectation of everyone on this realm speaking English.

While I do understand it should be very much encouraged to use English on public channels, I see nothing wrong in guild advertisements made in “foreign” languages.

Easier for “foreigners” to find their “foreign” guilds, when they understand what the ad is saying.

1 Like

You are hilarious :slight_smile:

Let me get this right… You want people who are primarily looking for, lets say Klingon people, to post their recruitment message in English so that you can… Read it?

Unless you are, and again lets just say Klingon, then you are not their target demographic and its pointless you being able to read the advertisement no?

Literally the only thing you gain from this, is being able to read an advertisement that isn’t aimed at you anyway. I’m not sure why this is any more annoying than if it was posted in English, in fact it should be seen as advantageous. If it is in a language you cannot read, then you simply just don’t read it. Better than reading the post and then getting to the last line that says ‘Klingons only’ and realising you’d wasted your time.

1 Like

You know the feeling when looking for a tutorial on Youtube and you find one with an English title but it’s spoken entirely in French or Spanish or Hindi? (might be down to youtube autotranslating, might be down to them, doesn’t matter point still stands)

Same concept here for me. I like guilds that speak in non-English languages to advertise in their native languages. It doesn’t really hurt anyone; it makes it more accessible for those speaking that language and it makes it less accessible for those not speaking their intended language, which is presumably what they want.

1 Like

This. Pretty much. It is kinda annoying when about 10 first videos you see (which are titled in english) are without proper subs (autotrans doesn’t really work with more technical/mechanical stuff) and there’s no english to be found in the video. Unless it happens to be some language you actually understand (in my case, there aren’t many… :sweat_smile: ). Why not put the title in that used language then!

So I agree, same concept.

1 Like