Reduced upgrade costs on gear for alts?

Hi. If i hit 476 on my main on remix and decide to go for an alt, will the bronze cost for upgrading my gear be reduced or will it be for free?

No reduction at all unfortunately, you have to pay full bronze cost again :sob:

You wont be getting a reduction on alt’s but I suppose a “fix” for this was the recent update to double all Bronze Cache rewards and triple Eternal Thread reward.
This kind of is a way for Alts to gear/get stronger faster as it takes half the time now to reach 476 on any character compared to launch, and capes strengthen much faster.

I don’t know how the coding would work for Alts to receive the a gear price reduction but I imagine it would not be easy to implement without people finding a way to abuse it.

The good news is that they have increased Bronze to a decent level now so you can sink it all into upgrading without too much concern.

It is a shame there is no discount for alts

Its a shame they have nerfed the drop rate of items with good stats though. 99% of all the items I am seeing have speed, leech or avoidance on them.

When was that nerfed? I found there were an awful lot of useless stat drops before I found the ones I wanted to use, but then you realise you’re gonna hit such high stats most of them don’t matter anyway.

2 Likes

It happened when the bronze and threads got upgraded. Before it was about 25% of the items have all usable stats on them; now you get one item per day mostly. Not an issue for first characters but making alts can be a downer.

1 Like