Reducing Frost complexity and bloat

Blizzard recently released this post, in which they say they’re happy with Frost’s gameplay and tree.

I much prefer this iteration of Frost compared to the overly simplistic Shadowlands iteration. However, I think the current iteration suffers from both button and complexity bloat, especially in AoE, and would benefit from landing somewhere in between now and Shadowlands.

Currently, in M+, the top build plays orb, comet storm, glacial spike, ray of frost, double lust, and shifting power. On top of that, your opener sees you press orb and comet storm twice, due to the cone of cold interaction. Add a weapon with an on-use effect, double on-use trinkets, and mostly proactive defensives and I find to be so many things at once that it has lost fluidity and become bloated and clunky.

1 Like

I dunno, I loved the simplistic SL Frost. There aren’t any easy specs like that anymore and it’s annoying.

Demonology and Beast Mastery are super easy and simplistic, though?

IMO PvP talent “Concetrated Coolness” should be a baseline for frost mages.
Maybe some burst spells should be reworked/updated becase is PvP all of them can be easily countered: GS, Ray - can be countered in all possible ways, Bomb - dispell, Comet Storm - it never hits enemy