Regarding flying - Questions

Hi!
It was quite long time since i played WoW, however after some lure to the MMORPG genre again but i have some concerns…
Last time i played was in Legion and honestly it all sucked me dry trying to get the flying achievement in Legion.
I played so much yet i couldn’t finish the flying achievement (Gain flying in Legion area), my question as for now is… do i need still to do everything to get the flying in legion areas and the other expansion areas? Are the achievement time locked as Legion was?

Thanks in advance

Hey Hinaeth,

Welcome back :slight_smile:

Flying and specifically pathfinder did indeed change a little with Shadowlands. Wowhead has a pretty in-depth article about it that I’ll link below, but here’s the gist of it:

• For Draenor and Legion content, pathfinder has been removed and flying in these zones has become baseline. This means that as soon as you hit level 30, you’ll be able to fly there and in any expansion before it. At level 30 you’ll be able to learn flying at 150% speed, and at level 40 the 310% speed.
  • In BfA content (Kul Tiras & Zandalar), you will still need to earn the respective pathfinder achievement in order to fly there, and that achievement functions like previous ones did, so requires a couple of week of casual play to obtain.
  • In Shadowlands, you can’t fly yet, but we just heard yesterday that it will become available in the next content patch 9.1 (release TBD), however they won’t go the usual pathfinder route. How much work will be needed in order to unlock flying remains to be seen (they mentioned you will need to continue the main story quest), as we don’t know how timegated the next story arch will be or how many quests you’ll have to do for it.

Here is the full wowhead article I mentioned above:

I hope this helps, but shoutout if more clarification is needed :wink:

2 Likes

Appreciate the detailed answer much love!
All the progression just in order to get the flying in legion made me stop playing and now it’s all for nothing, well that’s it haha.

Regarding the BFA content and flying there, is it time locked?
Or can one rush trough it in order to receive it?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

No problem :grin:

Unfortunately there is some form of timegating still with the BfA pathfinder, specifically around the revered rep requirements (Azerothian Diplomat for part 1, Rustbolt Resistance and Nazjatar factions for part 2), as well as the 100 world quest requirement (Wide World of Quests for part 1). These achievements can’t be grinded (ground? :thinking:), and will come to a halt once the worldquests/emissaries of the day have been done.
Especially getting Tortollans to revered is a bit tedious, as they don’t have many open world quests, and generally only offer a couple world quests each day.
I’m not sure where we’re at with time investment since Shadowlands, but I’d assume the whole thing still takes 3-4 weeks to grind out at 1-2hrs a day, depending on how efficient you are.

One personal note to add: since BfA content is now outdated, there’s really not much that would bring you back to these continents, and I am speculating (nothing confirmed, take this with a huge pinch of salt) that pathfinder for BfA might also be removed in the next expansion.
So really the main thing for you as returner will be Shadowlands flying, which sounds like will be much less of a grind than the pathfinders (again, just going off the Blizzcon panel, nothing confirmed yet) as it just requires you to finish the main upcoming storyline.
Just wanted to leave that here if BfA pathfinder is currently your barrier of entry in terms of returning :slight_smile:

Hope that helps, and happy to clarify further if needed :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I agree entirely, but we just got an update on Shadowlands flying at the Q&A today

We have been told:

1. You get Shadowlands flying when you complete the Covenant Campaign for 9.0 and 9.1. No rep grinding involved. (But who knows how long they may string out the 9.1 Campaign?)

2. Shadowlands flying is account-wide: when you earn it on one character, all alts get it immediately

1 Like

Great, thanks Gráinne! :slight_smile:
I was a bad fanboi today and didn’t watch the Q&A panel, so good to know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.