Regarding the 9.2 Set Bonus for Mistweaver

Hey Guys,

I would like to know your opinion about the 9.2 Set Bonus for Mistweaver. In Shadowlands I drifted way too much into the PvP scene and didn’t play any PvE.

I’m asking because I want to know how good the Essence Font buff will be for PvE content, because in my memory I never really made use of Essence Font besides very few Mythic Bosses, healing with the combination of Renewing Mist and Vivify turned out to be much more mana and healing efficient especially in M+.

I just feel like that Mistweaver needs more supportive Spells and doesn’t really need more Healing Output. The only reason MW is currently underrepresented in high-end content (especially in PvP) is not because lack of healing, but in my opinion because Mistweaver has nothing to provide for other people compared to other Healers who can Purge, Kick, do decent amount of damage, buffs like PI, reducing damge like Dome or Earthen Totem.

The Set bonus might turn out good for Raids but will bring no value for M+ and especially PvP (I dont even have Essence Font key bound because It’s just so useless in small groups)

Don’t get me wrong, Ring of Piece and Revival can be useful too, but compared to other healers it just feels to less.

In BFA S3 and S4 I felt like Blizzard was going into the right direction with enabling Way of the Crane in PvE content, and it was a lot of fun in M+ and Raids, but now in SL they removed it sadly.

When they announced Set Bonus, I expected some sort of comeback for this beloved spell.

So what do you guys think, what does MW really need? More healing output or something supportive which makes Mistweaver attractive again for High-end content?

5 Likes

I can only speak from raiding.

The (2) set only makes your EF hots tick for longer and for 5% more healing. The only useful thing about this is that the hot that procs double gusts stays a bit longer, as the hot doesn’t cover that much in terms of healing. (~94 hp each tick when I tested on the ptr).

The (4) set is pretty nice since it also gives hots a flat 450 heal per tick so this will be a very powerful burst heal every 20 seconds. It’s not like MW needs more hps compared to other healers, but it’s still nice since they wont provide us with important DR/Absorb CDs.

I would have prefered maybe having a bonus where overhealing gave the target(s) the overhealing as a BrM stagger buff? It would let monks have some sort of DR and still be ‘‘monk’’ in nature. It would let monks compete against other healers like resto shamans, disc and holy palas without having to be carried by absurd hps. It would probably also be attractive to the M+ and PvP scene.

Honestly, I just dont understand what was in their minds when they were creating this MW set bonus.
I do not remember when I used Essence Font in PvP last time, which makes respectively this set bonus useless, which also proves that dev’s do not understand how MW works in PvP.

Moreover, if you take a look at other set bonuses of other healers, for ex rshama - " * 2-Set - Chain Heal’s critical hit chance is increased by 30% on all targets it hits when cast on a target affected by your Riptide", and then you look again at the MW set bonus that increases our hot you never use in PVP for 2 sec, and gives a 5% healing increase (while healing is already fine) , honestly when I see things like this im just asking myself how they want to balance classes (cause they promise it every addon, every season) by making evident mistakes like this

2 Likes

There is a feedback post on PTR forum if you want the attention from the dev team use it

Maybe put off that mastery and you get a use out of it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.