Remorseless Winter MS Effect

Hello Knights. I have decided to come up with an idea which has already been mentioned a couple of times by several people including me. As you know, Frost DK especially in 2s struggle due to its ongoing lack of pressure outside of burst windows. It doesn’t have the burst or self healing of a ret paladin, it doesn’t have the pressure of an arms warrior and it doesn’t have tankiness of a druid. Since some classes gained the ms effect, why wouldn’t frost dk have it? It would give the spec much more pressure and people again would remember that they would need to kite a DK and not face tank it. I would say a stacking MS effect which would come from Remorseless Winter seems perfect to me so far and I would like to see what you guys think about it.

No! ms effect should be unholy only frost is a support class in 3s and it should remain like that

Speak for yourself. I could not disagree more.

1 Like

Only way i can accept that giving frost a ms effect is if frost was exactly like how it was back in wod.

All op classes right now are like mop wod era class design but dk is the new design and can’t compete with best classes in the game like it used too.

I don’t really agree with giving remorseless a ms effect but i don’t agree with keeping frost dk as is to fit a “support” role. That is not what i signed up for and even if this was the case the class needs a tree that can do other things and right now unholy can’t do anything either because of how poor it is.

On a side note the ms effect for unholy is truly terrible. It requires 8 globals just to build up to 30% and then falls off 7 seconds later. Sure u can play the small apoc build but that heavily relies on 1 the talent and 2 conduits.

DK doesn’t need more forced pvp talent choices. We have some nice ones like dark sim and amz which are really iconic to the class but are never seen because of “forced” must pick talents such as necro wounds, chill streak, strangulate and spellwarden.

1 Like

Both specs are unfun right now but if you give frost a ms effect with the spec designed the way they are you would basically kill unholy and have a meta spec that is unfun any spec of dk being a support is unfun no one in their right mind likes to setup chillstreaks with blind dragon.

Both specs need to be reworked from ground up only part of the kit i don’t want touched is chains of ice and deathgrip but dk current design on both dps specs doesn’t fit into the game anymore it’s time to look back at how dk was back in wod mop or even cata

I would say that unholy is already truly dead and has been since shadowlands launched. The last time we saw frequent unholy was with gushing wounds and even then it was more common to see frost dks. The only person i literally see playing unholy now is petkick and that guy plays it because frost is boring in comparison and hes not wrong. Frost really is a press what lights up spec like fury and bm etc.

Frost and unholy both need different things. All our class seems to be getting is pvp talent refreshers when we already had good talents and thus the core problems arent actually being fixed.

Don’t overbuff remorseless. Is am unfun ability to press that has the best talent in the row tied to it + a conduit that buffs its damage even more. We don’t need more power tied to remorseless.

They should buff frost across the board. Nerf chillstreak(or remove it), and nerf frost fever and add the damage to obliterate and frost strike.

Frost doesn’t need a mortal strik, it never did. It needs to deal huge damage while on pillar window, that’s how it was on wod.

Right now you can facetank a frost dk go, and you’ll be just fine. 10k obliterates + 4k frost strikes (14-15k damage in 2 globals) are not killing anyone. In the meanwhile warriors and rets are doing 20k dam in 1 global.

Unholy on the other hand, needs an overall overhaul. It’s kit is too clunky, the MS is good, but weird to apply (needs an easier way of applying it) + the damage needs a bit of tuning (wounds and scourge strike are doing less than 1k damage each)

pillar was nerfed hard in bfa and now lasts just 12 seconds instead of the 20 that it used to. Chillstreak aside pillar is very easy to shutdown when it lasts just 12 seconds. I never played between cata and bfa so i can’t comment on how good a class was back then but looking at some pvp content from those expansions frost seemed to actually have burst without that disgusting spell chillstreak.

You say the ms is good for unholy but i disagree. To get consistent uptime on it you need to play a specific build which forces u to pick certain talents and conduits. Without that build as i stated it takes 8 globals to get it rolling which is a massive joke. The damage needs massive tuning.

Fact is dk is in a really terrible spot, not as bad as bfa s1 but really the participation in the recent awcs and ladders across the world really speak for themselves.

Never played bfa due to grind reasons. But played dk since cata 4.0 till wod 6.2.

I can’t tell if dk is worse than 8.0 now, but what I can tell is that DK is way worse than it was back then.

Frost wasn’t the main focus in cata-mop, since unholy outshined it. Even in mop, when warrior outshined both dk specs, it wasn’t this bad.

Wod was a good expansion for dks altogether. Unholy was dog tier, but frost on the other hand was good, somewhere middle of the pack (with rogues, ferals and warriors being better, but it was’t huge gap between those and dk)

DK does not have insanely good synergy with other classes (like rogue-mage has or feral-hunter has), but it has decent synergy with WWs and Warriors. If one of those specs are bad and DK is good, frost will still suffer a lot.

DK altogether started to fall apart when they rework in legion. They made frost the set up bot, focused only into aoe burst gos, and unholy the ST rot spec, which was extremely under satisfying to play. Addition of chillstreak was the downfall of frost, baking 30-40% of the bursting power in a single spell is bad design. What is also bad design, the specific spell is one of the easiest to avoid.

I would like to see the removal of chill streak which would then free up a pvp talent and then pillar returned to 20 seconds. This would not be a disaster for pve either because frost seems to be at the lower end of the table in terms of dps output already.

Sure thing. Removal of chillstreak and buffing oblit/frost strike in stead will be neat. But this won’t happen. Blizzard and chillstreak is a love hate relationship

Exactly the reason i don’t want frost dk to ever be viable in any form of pvp content :smiley:

Removal of blinding sleet and chillstreak and remorseless winter will make me consider maining frost but even that’s a longshot we need old class design tbh

Tbh blind is a really good addition. But adding too much power to remorseless winter makes the spec unfun. Currently you have bis talent in the row, bis output conduit and 2 pvp talents tied to remorseless.

Remorseless in general is unfun to use it’s slow clunky and without borrowed power litteraly useless.

And blind just makes us a support bot for windwalkers and kyrian warriors i don’t like it.

I just want our kit to be a slow terminator not a chillstreak aoe cleave bot for other melee.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.