Removal of my previous forumthread

I recently made a wellwritten forumthread about being wrongfully banned for something i did not commit.

It came to my knowledge that its not allowed to discuss bans on the forum and that my post most likely would get locked like all the similar posts.

Wierd thing in my case tho is that my post got alot of attention and instead of locking it they removed it totally and accused me for advertising/spamming.

Its obvious to me that they didnt want to many people to se my post.

Is this something they normally do?
Is this post also gonna get removed? Is it allowed to discuss posts being removed for wrong reasons?

I feel like ive been extremley missthreated by blizzard staff and i am seriously considering to file a lawsuit.

Just out of curiosity, on what grounds? I mean I agree that support has become absolutely abysmal over the past few years, but what’s there to sue over realistically?

Ive been permanently banned on my main account with over 20k hours, acccused for RMT (real money transfer) when i am well aware of my actions and i NEVER bought or sold anything outside of the game. I also have TSM accounting with detailed information showing that ALL my gold trades are between my own accounts and that not a single gold have been traded outside my bnet account. Also that no gold have been traded TO my account.

They make you extremely addicted to the game and ive spent tremendous amount of money paying 4 subscriptions per month and also alot in the ingame shop. And suddenly they take it all away without detailed information.

They say this in the mail i received:

“We don’t take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals. For information, see our article: http://battle.net/support/article/2639”

And i know for a fact that this is straight up BS! They lie straight in the face of a longtime costumer because I. KNOW. MY. ACTIONS. ARE. LEGIT.

when i later make a wellwritten post about this, this is the reply i receive:

" Your post was flagged as spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

This post was flagged by the community and a staff member opted to remove it."

Again LIES LIES LIES. Im furious.

It looks like your previous post was reported by other forum users, likely because it was in breach of the forums code of conduct, discussing a ban.

The report system has a limited amount of categories you can select, so people will of just click the spam option. It won’t of been because of adverting gold selling (and I know your previous post was not about that).

Posts about bans usually just get locked but if it has been reported then the CM reviewing it made a decision to remove it instead. The email you got stating the reason is just a generic template response.

Well if in some way you received “dirty” gold by running massive auctioning on Classic servers, that might have triggered it (e.g. someone bought gold and used it to buy from you and you accumulated an amount of gold that the automatic processes deem dirty);

if you spent a lot of time online on several accounts to cancel and relist auctions, that might have triggered it;

there’s an entire subset of internal rules and thresholds that we aren’t aware of that might trigger an account action.

The reason they don’t tell you what lead to your ban is that with the sheer amount of botting and exploiting actors that kind of intel might help them hone their systems to avoid detection (e.g.: gold selling actors note that after 100.000 gold moved, account bans start to happen, so they know to stay under that limit).

The staff, which has been wildly reduced, will probably be presented by the findings of the automated systems, have to double check if the numbers are right and if the penalty applied was correct, and that’s about it. There’s just not enough people to do the kind of in-depth research anymore.

Unfortunately for you, you have very little in the way of legal standing because the TOS and EULA are pretty air tight in that Blizzard may end the contract and the delivery of services at their discretion, for any or no reason at all.

1 Like

Err… I’d love to have a clarification here. Is it possible that if I gather materials, then auction them, I can get banned if the person buying those materials has bought gold?
I hope I did not understand correctly.

Doesn’t posting about removed posts about bans get your post removed?

Receiving gold that someone else bought is bannable ingame. Receiving illegal goods.

1 Like

Well I guess I have to log in and check if I still have actions active, and if I do I have to cancel them and vendor the mats. Thank you for clear answer.

Thats more help then what ive ever reveived from blizzard themselfes

Yes i have been playing the auction house on SoD classic servers and had about 17k gold across my battlenett account so if what you’re saying is actually a legit scenario, this must have been the trigger in my case

One thought is tho the permanent ban, to me that must be them accusing me for selling gold, not buying, and ive never traded anyone raw gold nor have i bought any extremley expensive auctions, 99% of my trades is profitable for myself, so i still cant grasp how they can say they have “evidence” for it, because in my case - there is none.

Do you think i will have my account unbanned if what ive said here is completley true?

That’s how people launder their bought gold.

Auctions don’t count for receiving bought gold.

Im accused for Real money transfer. They belive ive sold gold, what do you mean?

If they think you sold gold then their records say you transferred some gold to someone else. Maybe selling or buying an item on the AH for far more than it’s worth.

But im innocent, i dont care how they do the laundry, im innocemt and just buy and sell stuff on Ah cause i find i enjoyable

No i havent done that… as i said THERES NO EVIDENCE. I know my logs are legit

I also have TSM accounting with detailed information that never lies

I consider the AH a sub game too but I have never been banned for it.

I feel there is something else that is not related to the AH that you might have done some time ago and forgotten about it. Remember bans are not instant, they take time for Blizzard to investigate.

Oh, TSM uses autobuy, which is against the rules.

Again, im banned for RMT what re you looking for here?

Probably cause u dont make enough gold on it

If this refers to TradeSkillMaster, isn’t it available in Curseforge? I somehow assumed all addons there are legit and break no rules. And no, I don’t use it myself.

The forum isn’t the appropriate place to appeal an account suspension. For more information, please visit the pages Appealing a Silence, Suspension, or Ban and Forum Code of Conduct.