Remove Achievements From RP Realms 🧐

These players have been demanding these changes vehemently. In today’s society, all you have to do is complaining in an obnoxious way and people will hear you out. Repeatedly tested and approved by Blizzard (high elves, pandaren, etc). :+1:

Damn, I love achievement hunting.

Ah, not for me.

I have it set to regular even if I reply.

1 Like

Most RPers do in one way or another also take part in in-game activities, be it PvE, PvP or even Pet Battles. Crippling a whole server from experiencing the game as it’s meant to in order to make some one or two griefers not want to come here does far more harm than good.

When it comes to the OOC hate? It’s a bit too much and often people devolve it into some “It is us vs them, guys. They are looking at us like zoo animals, they are the jocks that made fun of us back in school”.

This is a realm that has a population of about 95% total nerds like me and you. If you honestly think there is this huge portion of the realm that spits on RPers and thinks they are lesser, then I am not sure on what Realm you are on.

The only thing AD needs is more moderators.

On the forums as well, mind.

3 Likes

Ok, it was just an idea, and yeah i know the mods do need to do their jobs.

Use this thread to maybe discuss some ideas, might be fun, what i said wasnt a demand.

Like another idea, in the report feature on RP realms should have an option for a different category, like maybe “Anti-RP/RP grieving”

Another misha moment

1 Like

This thread just got moved again.

Is it some bugged automation or are the blues just not really sure on where it belongs/miscommunication?

1 Like

I edited it to make it compliant for “general discussion”

Then moved it back.

1 Like

Okay that explains it!

1 Like

Not a bad idea.

2 Likes

To those who’re saying OOCers are not an issue: unless you’re around in some hour that sees no activity whatsoever, it is hard to RP in Stormwind for a prolonged amount of time and not run into at least one player messing around in a RP area on a mount or actively trying to disrupt.

2 Likes

And even if its one it’s one too many!

I mean this legitimatly. There is zero excuses or validation for this behaviour & explaining or shrugging it off as just unrelated/minor incidents is just also trying to excuse it.

1 Like

Beep boop, thread says rp realms. Beep boop, moving to general forums.

2 Likes

There seem to be a fair amount of non compliant names as well. One of the most frequent complaints we see in GD is unsuitable names and no action taken.

However I only have the word of other forum users for that. I don’t play on RP realms myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reporting the names are usually dealt with quite quickly on rp realms from what ive seen. And ive seen we can report names now too on the forums :open_mouth: thats neat :>

Would be nice if it covered guild names too on the forums.

It’s good to hear they are dealt with promptly on the actual realms.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific about what I was talking about. It concerned a few individuals who joined an ongoing event and started emulating some japanese cartoon characters, speaking the language too. It wasn’t non rp-ers that got upset I think, I’m pretty sure it was those who organized the event. They made remarks about that in the general chat and the cartoon people lost their minds. Demands for banning, accusations and so on. Don’t be fooled nobody on any side was mature about it. That’s what I call AD Types.

And I’ve been around for a while, I’ve heard stories about so called famous RP guilds. Pretty depraved things.

Bottom line, I have nothing against RP or people that engage in it in fact I enjoy seeing people RP, it adds to the general immersion. But Argent Dawn has become a magnet for people who live for drama, for over entitled people who think their subscription is somehow more valuable than others in the eyes of Blizzard. If you think I’m wrong about that, I invite you to disprove my claims.

1 Like

That would make privacy a lot better as well, and keep all the stalker types away.

If someone wants to be anonymous they can just create a classic character or a specific alt for posting on the forums.

I meant more in the context that rule breaking guild names could be reported too.

1 Like