Remove Achievements From RP Realms šŸ§

Edited to be compliant for general discussion

:fist_right: Save RP Realms :fist_left:

Thereā€™s a lot of backlash towards players that arenā€™t there for the right reason, and AD forums(most active RP realm) are filled with anti-OOC threads usually, or comments.

So hear me out:

No Achievements will be a immediate bummer for any non RPā€™er and will sort of force them to go on a PvE/PvP server. And you know what, itā€™s justified.

This is to maintain what a actual RP server should be am i right? Just RPā€™ers?

Remove the incentive for the non RPā€™er.

And obviously keep everything else

Extra:

This is my opinion.

I will also be bummed.

But hey, it is what it is.

Obviously iā€™m expecting backlash so have at it

5 Likes

Weekend is over Twilly.

15 Likes

I can see that it would deter non RP players from rolling on realms like AD to milk the benefits of not having CRZ or all the advantages of WM on without any of the risks as Alliance.

I can also imagine some RP players like their achievements.

12 Likes

Dead serious here xD

The RPā€™ers will need to compromise. :man_shrugging:

You do realize that RPers donā€™t only RP, right?

24 Likes

i know, im one of them, its more of an idea lets say.

We really donā€™t need to compromise for our own realm, Blizz just needs to start enforcing the RP realm guidelines : )

32 Likes

Why should I have to compromise when I joined the realm with an RP tag?

12 Likes

Achievements arenā€™t the root of the problem here.

Best solutions imo would be what Tehya said, have Blizz actually enforce the rp rules, and offer free realm transfers from Argent Dawn to other servers, one-way.

That way the stranded OOCā€™er can go to a server more suited to their tastes without having to reach into their pockets to move their toons, and the ones determined to troll rp would be weeded out quickly if the RP rules were enforced more actively.

5 Likes

Why sould roleplayers have to suffer due to the behaviour of some and the laziness of others?

7 Likes

If you want a completely dead realm, yeah, sure. Youā€™ll have a bunch of people who do nothing else than RP a few hours when they get home, and thatā€™s it. Dead for the rest of the day.

If weā€™re in dreamy territory, there are so many better ways to improve the RP quality on RP realms than removing content RPers enjoy just as well. Like - as said above before - enforcing RP rules.

8 Likes

Another Twiluna Cold Take
:snowman_with_snow:

7 Likes

I feel it may be a bit cutting off the nose to spite the face. Not all Rpers just rp and the achievements offer some incentives for others with rewards such as mounts, titles, toys and the like. Plenty of rpers that like playing the game too so it punishes them to get rid of non rpers. The issue is not that there are non rpers but that there are those that go against the rules or harass rpers. I agree that GMs being around to enforce these is a better alternative since enforcing their own rules should be a given anyway.

4 Likes

is this some sub-80 iq attempt at making RPers look like we want OOCers/not RP-related content on the server or admit that we dont stricly, 100% rp all the time

because its really dumb

6 Likes

Oh the sheer stupidityā€¦ What a world we live in.
Imagine Roleplayers doing content surprised pikachu face

3 Likes

Why is that a reply to me? I never said that rpā€™ers only rp? And free realm transfers arenā€™t exactly -forcing- them off the server, right? Itā€™s more an incentive.

I should add that I am personally not -that- fussed by the presence of non-roleplayers provided that they behave, but they shouldnā€™t be the majority.

Ah sorry. It wasnā€™t meant to be a reply to you, accident there.

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of hoping this thread is just a poor attempt at trollingā€¦?

12 Likes

Also lets not forget alot of titles and a fair amount of mounts and pets(you know, stuff RPers actually like alot) come from achievements aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM8TAMythsM

2 Likes

Iā€™d be willing to put down a couple of extra bucks for more moderation on AD.

2 Likes