Remove addons and weak auras

Beyond cringe and gamebreaking how far addons specifically weak auras developed.

Legit feels like addons are playing for you taking care of awareness even as far as doing rotation for you.

I could not count how many times i would pop cds and see the 15 hundo dh across the map behind los insta press blur without me even touching him. It’s disgusting listening to the remix of random sounds feat. WeakAuras

Taking away the last bit of fun from an already sh1t game.

Legit add omnibar to blizz UI and ban every addon. But that wouldnt even work cause everything has cdr nowdays (remove cdr as well)

Main reason i rather play classic eventho poeple abuse WA there is much less things to track therefore it’s not that gamebreaking.

9 Likes

I agree, the game would be better if Blizz disabled addons and integrated the core functionality of addons like omnibar into the standard UI properly, but since they are incapable of doing it properly and they can’t even fix tiny bugs for years, while some addon developers are able to fix them within a week, I’m pretty sure disabling addons would make the game worse.

3 Likes

Isn’t this what arena is all about and why the better players are at a higher ranking than the lower?

They have learned how to identify important cooldowns and how to counter them better.

Missing important cooldowns and losing a game due to a bad ui because you didn’t knew what was going until it’s to late is worse than a dh pop blur behind a pillar.

1 Like

Well, how about we nerf your CDs then, so they don’t need to press blur instantly? :yum:

Addons always have been part of this game and were way more powerful in the past, without all the restrictions. Addons are also one reason why WoW got so many players → custom UI designs.

1 Like

I was just thinking that if we cant get even dr to show on default in the game even tho its quite important part of gameplay to track, I would rather keep the functionality to be able custom my own ui with addons if the default option is so bad it lacks something so basic as drs even.

not a single addon is as powerful as weak auras

1 Like

Today? Maybe!

But there have been times when you literally could have coded a 100% ingame bot just with addons and that completely legal!

Also is weak auras not doing something special. They just allow you to create auras that are somehow addons itself. But it doesn’t bring anything to the game you couldn’t simply code in another addon yourself.

No keep addons or every high rated player is gonna cry their hearts out on the wow forums. Theyre a part of the game for years now.

:mega: Disable all addons in arena :mega:

5 Likes

You have obv never played the game in the past otherwise you would never type such nonsense.

Maybe then just look at any pre Shadowlands games and tell me if the entire screen is covered in weak auras along side cancer sounds every 3 seconds.

People who played pro weren’t even allowed to use them.

The reality is people are so carried by this sht they wouldn’t be able to play without it. Therefore everyone has to use it since it is literally a DLC and not using the deluxe package puts you in disadvantage.

Of course it was for most high rated players. Do you really think they played without cooldown tracker, dr tracker and so on?

Any type of comp with spamable cc or multiple cc sources of the same type, like stuns for melee cleaves, or any setup based comps played with a bunch of addons.

Weak auras became especially important with Shadowlands, simply because of the insane fast pace of the game. If you didn’t react within half a second to cooldowns like combustion, you were just dead.

But just because SL basically forced people to play with WA, doesn’t mean people haven’t used it already in BFA, Legion or WoD. Before they maybe used addons like TellMeWhen or how they were ever called, but did basically the same. In WoD any Warrior had an aura for MSR on hunter traps for example.

So to me it seems more like you have no clue of how the game has been before. People have been using addons for better performance since the start of the game.

They weren’t allowed to use them only on lan tournaments. But just think about why quite a few addons are allowed these days, even in tournaments!!!

Not having weakauras doesn’t put you at the disadvantage.

It’s just a lazier option to keep track of things.

One of my better ingame friends is one of the best moonkins in EU and he doesn’t use weakauras, or more than like 3 addons in total or something of the sort.

He tracks everything manually - his buffs, debuffs, eclypses, when people are bursting, if he’s in an Earthen totem or not, if hes given a defensive by his healer, etc.

He’s just used to it so he doesn’t need them.

Many people think they need weakauras but oftentimes when they remove some they don’t even notice the difference.

A lot of people even handicap themselves because they clutter their own screen with useless information thus reducing their game sense even more.

So it’s just a choice thing.

I personally mainly just use ones to keep track if I get enchant or talent procs and stuff like that, simply because I don’t want to look at the top of my screen where my buffs are. I make them myself most of the time as it is extremely easy and simple to use after you try the addon’s functionality for like 20 minutes.

The Mes Weakaura, which notifies you when big CDs are used, is just a louder version of the ingame sounds.

When you pop Wings, there’s a sound to it, but it’s not loud enough most of the time. The Weakaura plays the same sound, only louder. Same goes for things like Icy Veins, Observer, The Hunt, Ray of Frost, etc. The text on screen is optional if you want it or not, most good players just use the sounds to avoid screen clutter.

You’re not worth my time explaining, obvious troll

Arena already has very little to no skill involved, mostly comes down to comp. Duelist players can rofl stomp multi r1s with a counter comp. At least everyone has the same access to addons and weakauras

I agree 100p, but WAs also make bad/average players into awareness gods. It’ probably pointless to discuss when i think about it game is just trash in so many aspects.

Whole screen is covered in animation piss. Hard to see anything. Then you add up a WA package and it’s an ultimate blender.

Imagine you wanna try wow arena as a new player you open an arena stream and you see the ultimate screen blender 100 nameplates mixed up with random Tom a Jerry sounds like what f is going on.

Hope this season finally ends retail pvp which is highly possible since it’s just a restart of a previous awful seasons.

Coming from a guy who wants to remove addons.

I said the necessary addons should be default in game options, weak auras should be banned.

all CD trackers should be removed. Let’s see if the pros are as pros without their snitches.

1 Like

Blizzard should build in a possibility to track own buffs otherwise it is nearly impossible to track them looking at all buffs
But alarming moaning on 200% volume WA “HEALER IN CC” and “AVENGING WRATH” or anything similar shouldn’t be allowed. Just be better and look at animations and where is ur healer standing.
Wonder, how many people wouldn’t be able to get to rating they were before, in other games watching out animations and positioning called skill. In wow arena u can install WA and don’t be deaf

2 Likes

Obv nothing is gonna change since pvp is a mini game with a player base of 100 people.

I just wanna see how far will this go, maybe in expansion or two i can actually lay my feet on the table, pack a hookah and WAs are gonna play for me. Sounds exciting.