Remove Bolstering

Bolstering making pugging keys this week pretty much impossible.

Now I’m sure there are people who will say “oh it’s easy I’ve pugged like 500 keys this week and timed them all” But the experience I’ve had has been going from easily timing 14-15 keys to (At the time of writing this) having failed DoS 10+ times with keys ranging from level 11-15. When I say failing I mean the group falls apart without completing the key.

It seems either pug tanks don’t understand how it works and so pulls massive, what ends up with 3-4 mobs having huge amount of bolstering stacks and insta dying or chain pulling causing the same thing to happen. Or dps who refuse to change their attack target and cause 1-2 mobs to have 4-5 stacks while sitting at 80% health.

Sadly it seems Bolstering is just too much for a lot of people to understand. It involves complex thinking such as “Don’t pull 4 packs only take 2” or “You see 6 mobs on 30% health and one mob on 90% health maybe change your primary target”

Also to avoid any comments that just state “omg just get a group of guild members or friends” That’s all good when people are online and also I’m trying to farm a trinket from DoS so having a full premade won’t normally be able to have the same dungeon key over and over.

1 Like

I don’t see how this is so complex. There are other affixes way more coordinate-intensive than bolstering.

But i do think bolstering is a crap affix. It is anti-fun since you have to pull less. It prevents chainpulling (going at the end of a pull already to the next). It is just plain slow this way. Not complicated but anti-fun.

That was the joke.

That it’s super simple to do yet so many people in pugs don’t understand that.

bolstering is the only dps affix get gud

So instead of learning take it away? Yea, no.

Did you read my post at all?

The whole reason I said we should have it removed as 90% of the pugging community DOESN’T learn.

Thus keys just get failed over and over and over again because of the stupid community who refuse to learn.

1 Like

I read your post. “People don’t get better” isn’t a reason.

FInd better people solves your problem. They set a challenge, removing the challenge isn’t the solution.

1 Like

you know that you can pull 2 -3 pack easy and just coordinate it so you will kill them few seconds from each other
oh wait that is complicated

“Find better people solves your problem”

You understand that I’m talking about pugging where 95% of groups are made up of players you’ve never met before and are unlikely to meet again right?

Premade groups find the affix boring or if anything mildly annoying since it can slow down a dungeon. Meanwhile with pug groups it acts as a literal barrier stopping people from completing dungeons due to players not understanding how the affix works.

This is why I put about it being a problem for pugging. If I was talking about it being a problem for premade groups I would expect every single answer to this post to be “Git Gud idiot” But I’m not I’m talking about joining a group of people who aren’t on comms maybe don’t even speak the same language and attempting to do a dungeon with them while there is Bolstering that can cause a group to disband after the first or second pack in a dungeon.

If it was such an easy thing to learn it would of been learned years ago but it hasn’t still to this day every time Bolstering week comes around it becomes literally impossible to complete a key let alone try and time one with the pugging community.

1 Like

Make friends then.

Do what you have to do to overcome the challenge.

Stop asking the challenge to be removed because you are too bad to meet it.

In other words, git gud.

1 Like

Well since you’ve decided to be petty. I will too

Seems you haven’t done any dungeons on that priest or your monk that the priest is connected to on RaiderIo

Meanwhile I’ve got over a 2k score for this season.

So maybe I’ll take you seriously when you can show you’ve done dungeons instead of only showing a character that’s done piss all content.

1 Like

All that tells me is you don’t know how to look up characters. Again, git gud. Heres an interesting stat for you. You’ve done almost 140 dungeons this season for a score of 2k. 6 dungeons a day for that return? Sad.

I’ve done about 10% of that for a score of 1.7k. I’m far from the best player in the game, I know that and I don’t pretend otherwise.

Heres a hypothesis. You’ve reached your skillcap and now the game has to be watered down so you can get further. Maybe I’ll take you seriously when you show that all that effort yields some results.

People here who claim this week is a peace of cake only run with DH, Hunts, Holy or other op comps.

Over the last weeks this one is the most terrible for PUGs and hopefully Blizz will either never put this combination up again or nerf it to the ground.

Blizz should put the challenge above +15 for all the min maxers and just let pugs have fun. Nobody wins if casuals quit the game due to the games unplayable design.

Most arrogant and sad comment on OPs problem and also no one cares about how super duper you are as long as you are trolling on your priest. 10% whatever… This is a game and not a excel sheet. Devs should finally kick the e sport elitists out and finally make a fun game again.

Same message to you regardless of what alt you decide to cry on.

Challenges are put in the game to be overcome. Overcome them or stop playing but don’t ask for them to be removed.

The game needs more of them and less people crying about them on a weekly basis. As to who they should kick out, the incessant whiners.

Whe were talking about arrogant, I’m secure enough to admit my level, or lack of it. You’re arrogant enough to think its the games fault you’re being held back and that a game with millions of subs should adapt to suit you.

1 Like

Post on your main or get off and stop bragging.

Regards,
everyone on this forum

Don’t find any dungeon problematic with bolstering except DoS.

Nah, we may not agree all the time, but Dejarous talks a lot of sense. Mythic plus wasn’t designed for pugs, any more than raiding was. Blizz made a tool to allow people to find random others to play with because so many whined about having to make friends to access content. You choose to do content in a way that it wasn’t designed for and you need to accept that you’re going to struggle with that content because of your own choices.

Eeeh no. You dont speak on behalf of everyone on this forum. I will never understand the “post on your main” people. You are free to ignore someone’s opinion based on the char they post on if you like, but there is no rule that people have to post on their main to be able to share their opinion.

Also double amusement points since he posts on a level 10 most of the time.

1 Like

Don’t we have this topic almost every week? “Eramgherd Blizz, remove XXX affix”