Remove Malefic Rapture

nobody asked for it, nobody likes it. just delete that and give back something like MoP or Legion affli

5 Likes

But,i like it,just make it back as it was during shadowlands

pls and also remove siphon life

Would any of the wise warlocks on this channel give an opinion on the pros and cons of making two inversions to the concept of nalefic rapture… 1) Instead of dots buffing melefic rapture, what if malefic rapture buffed dots and 2) Instead of rapture being cast while dots are up, how about dots being cast while melific rapture is uo?

1 Like

Stacking UA again?, no thanks.
I’d rather have WoD Affliction.

1 Like

I had the most fun playing affli in mop and legion.
Being able to cast whiel moving was awesome but the feel of the spec was the best during legion, acording to me.

Can you tell me whats the problem with it?
In pvp its super useful, you have no other bombing spell, while others have a gcd aoe spells.

Maybe in pve? Idk i dont play it.

It felt clunky,ua spam was garbage

Returning to MoP/Legion style will not change everything…Aff in Legion was good thx to the artefact…

Maybe make MR a choice talent between it and stackable UA (spender). Imo best scenario.

Nah, we can’t have pure dot spec because basically every class in the game must have some burst on demand type of button.
And there’ll be 3 scenarios for “optional” MR:

1. It won’t be optional at all, just “optional”

2. Affli will become worst class in the game because dots cant be balanced, they are either to strong for single gcd or too weak

3. affli becomes busted because dots are viable playstyle so multidotting mythic+ will be thing much more popular than even s2 aug.

Also amounts of hate MR receives is nonsensical, because its basically legion’s UA spam in trechcoat, much more problematic is having so much dots to maintain only for mr dealing “decent” damage, alpha addresses it by removing life siphon as a dot and transferring its damage and healing to corruption, will feel MILES better

I just noticed Curse of Agony is just called Agony now.

But yes, I prefer Legion Affliction where we just spam 5 UAs onto the target and the Soul Fire goes off.

well now you spam Malefic Rapture on target and soulfire goes off, such difference.

usually people who likes dot classes enjoy dot playstyle… so if a dot class is based around pre-debuffing to do spam-instant damage buttons, it’s antithematic to the playstyle which they signed up for

DoTs became basically modifiers on GCD and your main source of damage comes from direct damage.

I want Haunt spender. Spamming hard casts doesn’t suit affliction… It’d also grief it hard compared to other specs (Mages, Boomkins, Ele) that don’t have to hard cast spenders. And requiring Affli not only to hard cast spender, but hard cast it in a chain was horrible design, that unfortunately got even worse with Malefic Rapture introduction

You miss one big point…In Legion artefact make affliction powerful not UA spam…In modern wow you need some kind of burst also pure dot spec is almost impossible to balance.

Any playstyle can be balanced given the power of AI.

I have excel sheets that pulls data from 25 different sheets and does a ton of calculations to make sure a certain threshold is not broken.

I am actually surprised Blizzard is having issues on “balance” this much.