Remove mana cost for World of Glory on Protection paladin

Please remove mana cost for World of Glory. I am the tank not healer, I should not care about mana. Why no other tank has to deal with that? You can´t even finish boss as solo tank, because you just run out of mana. You added mana cost, because literally 10 people were abusing prot paladin in S1 (when he was much stronger) and made game worse for everybody.

3 Likes

Other tanks also have resource management for their mitigation/healing.
WoG is one of the utility you bring its nothing to do with being a healer.
If you have to solo any part of a boss, this sounds like a group issue not resource cost issue.
I am pretty confident more than 10 people playing prot pala in any season WoG has existed in their tool kit have used WoG (especially in season 1).

Abilities often have a cost/trade off.

It costs 3 holy power, that´s huge trade costs. In Shadowlands it did not cost mana and paladin was not OP at all while you could have great moments and sometimes save key (Grim depot last depot for example). There is no way how to build mana, besides passive regen or mana pot. On other tanks you can always build resource.

2 Likes

They nerfed prot paladin so it never comes to not even needing a healer to time a +28 key ever. Don’t expect to just throw out endless heals.

That is fine, keep mana cost for off heals, but I want to at least heal myself infinitely like BDK can.

1 Like

I have zero idea why Paladins are the only melee class with and uses mana…
War - rage
Rogue - Energy
Demon Hunters - Fury
Druid - Energy
DK - Runic
Monks - Energy

All above are classes who generate, so they fight endlessly…

Take Paladins mana away and instead use Holy Power and use a energy system instead…
100% energy = 2x flash of lights and melee and abilties regen the energy…
Simple and sorted…

I am regularly going OOM in higher keys as a prot pala playing with disc priest. Because when i chain so tyhe Disc can keep attonement rolling i am left to solo heal myself for spikey damage intake.
This means i now have to after like 4-5 chained pulls have to sit and drink before i go into the boss.
Its really bad gameplay that after 11-12 WoG i go OOM.

2 Likes

I understand why they nerfed it to keep the offhealing from being too much. But maybe it could work like some abilities from other classes where all/part of the mana is refunded when you use it on yourself.

1 Like

It is a bit excessive. Even your “free” heal costs mana.

What really makes palas oom though is if a fight is quite long and has dispels.

2 Likes

No mana and 5 HP = carnt do anything…
No HP and full mana = carnt do anything…

at 0 HP you can still DT or Bastion of Light to get a wog or sotr out. at 0 mana you have to wait roughly 10s before you can either wog or dispell. Imho they need to give us mana refund on self heal or make dispell not cost 10% of our mana.

The simple solution would be for prot pala’s heals and dispels to only cost mana when used on another character. It would enable the tank to self sustain without making them OP when it comes to keeping the whole group alive.

1 Like

I hope they bring back Divine Purpose…

Holy Power abilities have a 15% chance to make your next Holy Power ability free and deal 15% increased damage and healing.

It’s still there - in the class tree above Divine Toll. There’s nothing stopping you taking it.

I wanna add that even with Divine Purpose you spend mana on Word of Glory… which is crazy to me.

I ment to say as a base line, not talent. Thanks tho, I was tired when I posted that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.