Remove the ability to remove people

Stop this idiotic mechanic, you’re just chasing people off the game.

3 Likes

Sunday sith post season opened?

It’s a tool to remove afk/ flammable people. You don’t want to be stack with abuse.

What’s your Sunday reasoning can be?

8 Likes

So someone goes afk or is toxic af and they can’t be removed?

You really thought this through.

10 Likes

Oh well, you again :confused:
Same sith for me, if you make 4 people wait for your sorry fur, you clearly have issues with your self esteem. Toxic in my book, bad partner to do anything.

So the OPs point to remove vote to kick is bad. We need some system to keep bad people off in retail, where we all play with randoms

What’s your question has to do with my critisism of his remove remove approach?

I do think the deserter debuff shouldn’t be imposed on people, at least for the first kick of the day as we’ve all been the victim of unfair kicks before.
But the kick mechanic should stay.

2 Likes

I’d definitely like to see the debuff removed for Island Expedition kicks. With only 3 players, it’s too easy for the Votekick to be abused, and Island Expeditions are so short that the likelihood of someone demanding to be kicked is pretty darn low.

1 Like

Havent been kicked once. Have kicked several times now. If you are AFK at the boat 30seconds past launch i will kick you. Period. And dont give me the “stuff interfered” crap.

I seriously wonder how people manage to get kicked as frequently as they claim to be while im sitting at 0 (yes. Zero. Over all these years. None) kicks i wasnt certain of the reasons about.

3 Likes

I’ve nerver been an unfair kick victim. Just for the record.

2 Likes

Op please read this.

I’ve only ever been kicked once from an Island expedition, because I tried to votekick a player idling on the boat who turned out to be the third player’s other character xp-leeching, but it’s annoying enough that I think the buff should be removed.

Because there are fewer players in an Island Expedition, it’s much more open to abuse of that kind than dungeons: To control the kick in a dungeon you need three people (or rather three characters), and even then there are protections in place to stop abuse of the kick system. As island expeditions stand, multi-boxing or boosting even one other character gives you complete control of the kick.

This is especially galling when you consider that, unlike dungeons, each Island functions almost exactly the same - Players have literally no reason to demand to be kicked like they did from Dungeons they didn’t like, which is what gave us the deserter buff on kicks to begin with.

Remove the ability to ask for removing the ability to remove people.

6 Likes

Remove the ability to leech on other people and then complain when they kick you for that.

1 Like

Seems like i do.

Normal/HC dungeons work the same as well. Complete absence of tactics.

1 Like

So we can allow Trolls and lazy people to leech off others ? no thank you.

1 Like

Remove the ability to kick someone out that doesn’t bother to read tactics or how his class works

I think not

1 Like

Read the quote properly; Someone demanding to be kicked is someone idling and saying “Kick me” again and again, which there’s no reason they’d do in an Island Expedition since they all function identically, unlike dungeons where some take longer than others or have bosses people don’t want to do.

Yea, well, no.

Someone stood afk against a wall in a bg (no, not defending anything). Since that doesn’t help anyone that he’s afk I mentioned it in the chat: X is standing afk (so we can replace him with someone active, normal right? 9-manning a 10 man bg is far from optimal).

Not much later, quite some time after the bg was done, I got a whisper with some wanna-be insulting lines to me as a person, how he feels bad for everyone who lives with me and what not… Apparently something horrific happened (had to poop? who knows, still think that if it was so “horrific” he wouldn’t have cared about being flagged afk ><), so be it -> you were afk.

And now we shouldn’t be able to remove afk players? Oh lordy, that’ll prevent players from quitting the game - not. So no, please, don’t remove the ability to remove afk-ers/slackers/huge-failures from the group.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.