Remove the stupid whisper window

Ok, so with the prepatch Bnet whispes have been move to its own chat tab. Is there any way of removing this stupid feature? I can only find “Close whisper window” but it always shows up again when someone whispers me.
Id like to have the Bnet whispers in the same chat window as everything else.
Why did you even spend time doing this useless thing? Its easy to make on your own if you had wanted it.
Its extremely annoying have to switch between tabs when I chat i the guild and with Bnet friends.

Why do you always have to ruin things?

19 Likes

blizzard doesnt want to pay alot of money to their workers so they never get people that know wtf they are doing

6 Likes

This is in the options menu -> interface -> social -> new whispers and then select the “in-line” option.

Not sure if this works for Bnet whispers as well, but I’d imagine so.

110 Likes

Go into the interface settings and turn it off, then?

Did you even bother to look before posting this useless thread? Peak general.

8 Likes

This feature has existed for ages and it’s really useful. Probably they just made the “new tab” as default now which is the right call imo.

2 Likes

/run SetCVar("whisper+Mode","inline")

Remove the + sign. Stupid forum censorship.

6 Likes

Legend thx

No. Making it default was a terrible choice.

But as long as you can choose what to do with it, It’s fine by me.

9 Likes

It’s really subjective and my guess is that they saw that the majority of people enabled this or don’t know about it and so they decided to enable it by default.

Good decision imo.

It really isn’t. I’ve missed some whispers and also not had responses for a while due to this.
I didn’t know you could turn it off so I’m glad this post is here. This is what the forums are about, sharing insight into the game. I don’t look through the settings menus that often.

8 Likes

Am I the only one who has blocked whispers with badboy? 99% of them are either guild ads or from someone who tries to bash me for some reason. So I don’t see any point keeping them on.

How can you miss whispers with a separate window? it’s the other way around
Every time a friend of mine came back to the game, i had to call them on their phone and tell them to set whispers in new window cause my messages always got lost in the boost spam

2 Likes

I usually miss whispers too, don’t notice the new window until it’s too late

1 Like

The option to change whispers to normal window no longer works in Shadowlands.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.