Removing old content

Are you even sure that it will be gone ?

Simply not the title gone ?

2 Likes

yea i think you have to fly past (maybe side to side so to say, not straight into his platform) and blast it with a instant-cast spell for example. It’s been years since i did something like it.

If you want it, i can give you a hand in getting the kill/achievement at least, but not sure if it would result in possible loot (by means of it being eligible for trading).

1 Like

Shouldn’t be too hard for blizzard to snapshot builds for those features and let us play replicas that are bound to only a certain challenge.

2 Likes

Its ok don’t worry but thank you :)!

1 Like

i just fear they remove Gilneas Questline for the new starting zone.

Without that questline you can’t understand why gilneas joined the alliance :man_shrugging:

The old starting scenarios won’t be removed, has been already confirmed in the past.

1 Like

Scaling doesn’t recreate its original difficulty therefore devalues its rewards.
By removing the old content, players who played at that exact time get rewarded for playing it.

1 Like

Maybe to get people to play during the expansion

2 Likes

How dare they?
All high IQ players watch twitch instead, post how terrible this expac is and only join last patch to farm everything in overgear, sometimes on many accounts cause >1% drop mounts from world rares are made for rich players only.

If only new (lol they don’t exist but it’s a term) player catch up wasn’t a thing we might see sub loyalty and better population from people who care about getting rewards.
Now it’s just inefficient for zoomers to play from the start, and they won’t do this peasant type of grind like older players.

1 Like

Just stay subbed and get it :smiley:

As someone who has never, and probably will never, gain something like curve I am completely ok with certain things being removed from the game after the expansion for which they were added.

Other stuff like the MoP cloak, which is now completely outclassed by a gree in the follow on expansion, I am not sure what purpose the removal served.

1 Like

vanity, no matter how some people lie to themselves is one of the cornerstones of MMO
thats why all rich paladins are tmoged in not very good looking but rare and expenive t3 Naxx

Like…?

I have no problem with removing rewards but I dislike how they not just remove rewards, they remove part of the story of the game.

Pandaria and WOD legendary quest chains have major plots of those expansions stories, in fact in the case of WOD all the plot conclussion happens on legendary ring quest chain.

Mage Towers too, it was part of the expansion plot, in thise case only secondary plots happens but the fate of some characters happens there.

And War of the Thorns was a major plot for the start of BFA.

They could just like all those content without rewards. I understant people who did it back them want to have something special, but who cares if I can complete again Mage Towers without earning any rewards, just for the sake of doing it?

That content should return, not only for new players, it also return for the sake of old players who want to replay it again, i did back them Paladin Mage Towers and Pandaria Cloack quests and I want to repeat that content.

2 Likes

That’s not the only thing that’s different. MoP elemental shamans could run and cast, they can’t any more.

1 Like

What prestige though ? "I had game installed in year X" ? I guess some people do anything to feel special and get attention. It is in my eyes as same like those ‘social media influencers’ licking toilet seats for exposure.

People should just play the game and have fun and worry less about other people and need to feel unique in a game where are millions of players.

2 Likes

Because it’s less work?
I honestly feel like 90% of the people that post here are unemployed. Does anyone here actually know what it feels like to work at a LARGE company?
I do.
And I can completely understand why they would cut out a ton of content out of the game. It’s simply less work. The first thing they do is plan. Plan. yes. plan. Not discuss how far they have gotten on Witcher 3 last night, Nah, they PLAN.
And when you plan and share the workload you discuss whether things are worth doing or not. They have stats and numbers to see whether some content is used ingame or not and if they see that 1% of the playerbase goes into AQ then they simply cut it out, done.

Do you people really not get that? I don’t understand…
WoW isn’t developed by autistic devs who have an OCD that dictates they shall NEVER remove ANY content. It’s run by people who use logic. You literally have zero argument to not remove old content, nada, you just want it for the sake of it. You don’t think companies run like that do you? For the sake of it? Please think before you post.

I’m still triggered over them removing Strand of the ancients and replacing the old Deepwind gorge with this new horrible mess of a bg.

I haven’t tried it so far. What’s wrong with it? :o

Why the obnoxious tone? Do you honestly think Blizzard works only to support content that the majority of the playerbase engage in? Lmao, do you know about pet battles? Mythic raids? Most people don’t do pet battles or mythic raids or fishing or archeology, still, they create new content for those aspects of the game.

And why are you using “autist” as if it is something bad?

3 Likes