Reopening the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking in 9.1.5

Was excited for this as i want to get all the missing skins for alts but now, i’ll pass, the sets look oki but they made it underwelming now.

2 Likes

Another reskin of a reskin, thanks i guess. Will still do it tho :smiley:

Can we have the kitty aswell?

8 Likes

I was really hoping to be able to unlock artifact appearances but nope, I might try to get the fel bear one day when I play my druid again but I’m not gonna bother for a bunch of recolors, especially how ugly the shaman neon green is.

Sometimes I forget to be fair, it’s still a nice addition for people interested in this type of content.

1 Like

Just for bear? kinda disappointing, still cool though I guess.

I think the ability to experience the mage tower again is a very nice addition, but I can’t get over the fact that there is ONE spec that doesn’t get any actual cosmetic reward from it. No new cat form while everyone gets nice transmogs (or a cool bear form) adds a very bittersweet taste to the whole patch for me.

Some of the new recolours look nice, but I’m really disappointed that you are not returning those artifact appearances .

Also why is it time gated? Why is time walking only once a month? It’s truly a terrible system and it’s not well thought out, timewalking rotation should be weekly not monthly.

6 Likes

I’m not doing it, all those sets are just weak recolors of easy to obtain sets. It is like get lfr item level from m+20.

4 Likes

Because Guardian Druids will rarely see the actual armor set for druids since they are in bear form when playing the game?`

I did most of the challenges back in the day including the ones for Druids. I think Blizzard solved this in a good way since it keeps the unique look exclusive to those who did the challenges in Legion, but at the same it’s a chance for those who didn’t get it to experience the look and animations of this form that drastically changes how it feels visually to play Guardian Druid.

I still think they should have given something to Feral and maybe Moonkins for the same reason, as a new armor set isn’t something they will get much joy from.

Not super excited about all of the sets, but it’s hard to please everyone. Overall it’s a good start and they can always add more rewards later on.

So can Feral Druids expect the same as they also got a unique transformation for their cat form. It kind of feels like we are forgotten again.

5 Likes

Yeah, when did i get a new actually good weapon skin last time? Ah yes i remember, in legion Taeshalach and the scythes from argus that’s a really low drop chance and the artifact weapons that got removed, the only other good thing is the glaive from WOD CM’s but guess what? That’s removed as well, cause let’s add more FOMO to boost our game metrics, why not, blizzard just doesn’t want to release any new good weapon cosmetics ever again, or at least that’s what it feels like, and keep coming back with this pathetic excuse of “it was hard to get back then” come on dude, all this content was faceroll in 7.3 and BFA prepatch

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think any one of us who don’t have those appearances care about those players.

If anyone feels their happiness is dependent on other players not having something, then they have problems beyond WoW rewards.

And you are succumbing to this selfishness by introducing some dumb transmog instead of putting the actual quality reward in.

Disappointing.

13 Likes

Unique weapon apperance>old tbc transmog recolor.

6 Likes

This ruined it.

Fail. Big. BIG fail.

10 Likes

One of the rare ocassions me and Tahra are on the same page btw.

5 Likes

I agree, I didn’t even know about mage tower since I was a new player in Legion and my favourite staff comes from there…I was really excited to get it but now they really ruined it.

8 Likes

Yup it is strange. I have lots of unobtaible mounts and transmog apperance and I’m not againts unlocking them for other new players.

8 Likes

Yeah and what about just giving all the weapon appearances other skins then?
What makes druids so special?
Just spit in the face of everyone else with those ugly sets…

What a joke.

8 Likes

Wait, what does this mean? Will this be yet another loot pinata? I thought the challenge will remain and tuned accordingly?

1 Like

So, ferals get nothing?

Do you even know ferals exist?

9 Likes

Probably because the feral one doesn’t have different animations from any other catform. It sucks, I think if they do it like this they should have given every single artifact a new tint.

1 Like