Replacing low level keys with Heroics has removed the ability to do content Cross Faction

Previously you could take a low level key, create a group, and run it with a friend from a different faction.

Queued content through the Dungeon Finder is not available for Cross Faction parties, so queuing for Heroics is impossible.

Walking in the dungeon with a cross faction party works, once. Resetting a heroic dungeon doesn’t work.

Why is this a limitation? This actively impedes the ability for people to connect with friends that are coming back to the game in a low stress environment as they gear their characters. Every time Blizzard do something correctly it’s 1 step forward and two steps back.

5 Likes

I really wish they would just get on with it now and let us play everything cross faction. I can’t do TW with friends, I can’t do LFR with friends, I can’t do dungeons below Mythic with friends.

12 Likes

I never really understood why they excluded queue up activities from cross faction play once they introduced it. Maybe when they built the system in wrath they left some ancient code in there somewhere that blocks A+H group up but then build up the system again from the ground if need to. They could even make bgs cross faction if they wanted to. It would only be group A vs group B not horde vs alliance since groups would be mixed.

5 Likes

They really should just do this. You don’t get to choose which faction you’re assigned, the server just assembles enough people and randomly divides them up.

There are so few people fighting for the RP of their faction’s honour in PvP that I don’t think we should worry about their outrage.

1 Like

Yeah in WotLK they went deep in Faction War so some dungeons are Crossfaction incompatible like for example the Nexus where as Horde you fight alliance and vice versa.
Also another problem with Cross Faction is that with Cata they put questgivers into Dungeons so some Dungeons require you to either be Alliance or Horde.

That’s easy to fix though, the lead sets the bosses/mobs for dungeon. They did this with the mega dungeon in DF.

We are even getting SoB as an M+ dungeon next expansion, same thing.

2 Likes

Same boat here. It’s even more puzzling because I can be (and am) in the same guild with my Alliance friends, yet we can’t do any queueable content together.

2 Likes

In Dawn of the Infinite you just fight Grom or Lothar based on the instance leader. And it already is the same in most old dungeons.

Only dungeons not available for cross faction are Trial of the Champion and Siege of Boralus. I assume because they have different spawning points for players and NPCs for each faction.

3 Likes

Queued content being faction specific is done. I’d like to be able to do casual BG’s cross faction too.

1 Like

Have you tried to queue with full party of 5 people? I think it was working that way?

Yes, we had tried this. Gives an error message. You can only do non-queueable content cross-faction, at least until the next expansion.

2 Likes

And that is going to be an M+ next expansions first season. So there isn’t really an issue.