Report system is imo questionable

report system is imo questionable to say the least,

I recieved a warning after a day or two of doing keys some a bit higher some in the 20’s range.

People will report you out of spite for anything, you let them know they did a mistake because you want to time the key and play the game - their fragile ego gets hurt because they are incappable of recieving criticism or feedback constructive or non and then you get a warning or maybe a ban for playing the game properly and in some sad cases even being kind to people when you inform them about their mistake(s).

your system is failing to allow people to communicate and push content that they signed up for. you are arming people with a report system which is automatic thus you dont need to pay staff to actually make sure people are reporting you for a valid reason or not and people are taking advantage of it because simply your report system counts reports unfiltered so each person feels like if there are more like them eventually you will get punished whether you deserve it or not in the first place.

i cancel my wow subscription and urge and encourage everyone else to do so until you start caring about the community. it all comes down to money but if that’s the case atleast try to respect the parts of the community that aren’t rotten and create tools so reports require somewhat of evidence rather a blind counter that increases the more people you encounter that have had a bad day and want to pass it on.

it is a shame how much development i and others will not get to explore because you completely lack a more realistic and fair system.

1 Like

There is a good way and a bad way to give critique and/or point out failures.

Good:

• You need to interrupt [Bad spell]
  • Please use more stuns
  • Use (Spell) when X happens
  • Why are you not using X?

Bad:

• Swearword - you - swearword - bad, not using interrupt is swearword swearword
  • Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad (Replace Bad with words of not-niceness)
  • You are a useless player

The good leaves room to develop, doesn’t go into a toxic window and leaves you clean.
The bad only makes you reportable, offensive and flat out guilty.

While I agree on the concept of people being terrible players, and frustration when they join a M+ - when they do not even know the basic tactics, or know their spells, the way you express said frustration is the key to wheter its reportable or not.

People just do not show respect, and that goes both ways.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.