Report TOS violation

How do you report somebody, if you believe they are breaking TOS, and you’re not allowed to, so you want them to get punished?

The right click and report function isnt viable in this situation.

It is possible to send an actual ticket to GM. I did that when I reported a player. I was very clear and said I do not know the name but provided images with proof so they could easy find the player name based on my proof.

I got an answer back after many days.

Bla bla, Right click the player name, bla bla…

It’s their company policy. They basically don’t care about “small individual cases” anymore, and tell you to use their fully automated punishment system, under the premise that a “tos violation large enough will attract a lot of attention”.

They also offered voluntary leave packages to their branch in Ireland, as well as fired around 10% of their entire workforce worldwide a year ago (the firing occurred after it had become the year '19 though), of which many were the lower level employees such as GMs and community managers.

They simply don’t care about that stuff anymore, because this way is more profitable. It’s like the new AI Valve use in cs:go, or the system they’re using in dota2.

The only human involvement anymore is when a punishment is being appealed, however the punishments themselves are automatic. You can get punished if they catch you using the automated system in “bad faith”, but individual reports does nothing except for making you believe something is being done about it. It requires a lot of people in a small window of time for the automated punishment to kick in. Which is highly open for abuse in battlegrounds.

It basically counts as “noise”, which they don’t need employees to deal with anymore.

Anyway, that’s why you don’t see GMs do anything other than refer to the right-click report system these days, because that’s what it says in the operations manual. They’re not allowed to deal with it themselves now.

You either need a trivial “help me play the game” kind of problem, or very extraordinary circumstances behind catching a cheater for GMs to be able to do anything now.

2 Likes

Its stuff like this that makes me want to unsub :frowning:

1 Like

I do not know about what nonsense are you in i always had great customer support about anything i made ticket literally.

So unless you can not /type even more dumb as i do and can not say what was XYZ.
Then i am lost you are literally talking nonsesn you big wall fo text from my own personal experience with makign tickets/repots/ etc

1 Like

reading nonsens on forums?

have you tried to not and do what you do and make think from your own perspective and not waht you see on crybaby drama forums?

Huh?

It upsets me that the system is now just automated. I dont think thats nonsense.

1 Like

They don’t have the human ressources. Classic only has 2 developers and one Conmunity manager in total. They don’t want to spend more because its just a moneygrab.

They dont wanna spend on it as they still dont think we want it.

No, it’s actually part of an industrial change. It’s just seen as inefficient, as in low return on spending, to have humans go over each case when it can be “solved” with a one-time expenditure to develop an automated loop where it’s not handled by employees any longer to that capacity.

The best example is reporting a person for spamming. The removal of the visible chat log is 100% cosmetic, yet it enforces the impression that it was “dealt with in a quick and efficient manner” because the right-click reporting had “instant effect”, when in the past you had to wait for the ticket queue and a GM had to go over the server log manually each time.

Because to a company, the existence of wrongdoers are static. This means any effort they do to deal with it only changes the amount of wrongdoers at any given time and will not change the fact that there’ll be more wrongdoers from then on. So it’s just more efficient to leave it to an automated system rather than pay so many more salaries and lower the efficiency when they can pay less people to do other tasks when they can do other things where they don’t need as many people to do it.

The existence of “noise” and the inevitable times it’s used in “bad faith” as it’s called, are just part of their “acceptable losses” so to speak.

Ssssshhhhhhhhh.

Im trying to stir the pot…!

But yes its a money thing which is a shame.

” if you believe ” jesus christ

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.