Reporting spam posts

Hi

I have been trying to report spam posts in Classic general, they are a huge amount of threads that are just copies of others, mostly about premades and Firemaw and now I can’t report anymore for 2 hours, could you at least lock or remove them more than once a fortnight.

There are so many of them my reporting ability gets locked.

Thank you
Dottie.

1 Like

nah, those are discussion threads, not spam posts. unlike this thread.

i will start to report “premade BG” now.

It’s against the forum rules to created duplicate threads with the same topic.

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics

i dont see any duplication posts.

and:

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

oh look its this thread, only thread that needs to be reported is this one

1 Like

“ * Creating threads about existing topics”

I mean, half of the first page are about premades which are exactly the same discussion over and over. I’d appreciate them consolidating all the threads into one big mega thread so I have other posts to read, but I doubt that would happen :confused:

The new search function is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being locked or deleted. If you continue to repost it you’re likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you’ll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn’t take a minute to search before posting.

Multiple threads on the same topic will be deleted
When multiple threads cover the same topic we will typically leave one of them open, lock one with an explanation, and delete the rest. This is done to allow other topics to still have a place on the forums. Which thread is left open typically depends on the thread length and how constructive the first post and the thread in general are.

Neither of which actually happen, either the searching or the locking/deleting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.