Request for Balancing - Demon Hunter AoE Damage

Dear Blizzard Community and Development Team,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I am writing to bring attention to a specific concern regarding the Demon Hunter class in World of Warcraft, with a focus on its area of effect (AoE) damage capabilities and the simplicity of its gameplay.

Upon careful observation, it has become apparent that the Demon Hunter excels disproportionately in AoE situations, outperforming other classes by a significant margin. This imbalance becomes particularly noticeable when comparing the Demon Hunter’s AoE damage output to that of other classes, creating a disparity that affects the overall enjoyment of the game.

Additionally, one of the concerns I’d like to highlight is the perceived simplicity of playing a Demon Hunter. With a minimalistic rotation and what seems like an easy-to-master set of abilities (often reduced to just three buttons), the class might be more accessible to a broad audience but may lack the depth and strategic complexity that many players appreciate in their chosen class.

I understand that achieving perfect balance across all classes is an intricate task, and I appreciate the challenges associated with it. However, I believe that addressing the AoE damage discrepancy and evaluating the overall simplicity of the Demon Hunter’s gameplay could contribute to a more satisfying and balanced gaming experience for all.

I encourage an open dialogue between the player community and the development team to discuss potential adjustments that would maintain the uniqueness of the Demon Hunter while ensuring a fair and enjoyable experience for all players.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I trust that the dedicated team at Blizzard will consider these concerns in their ongoing efforts to refine and enhance World of Warcraft.

Best regards,

Cepeleme

1 Like

It’s evident from the expressed concerns about the Demon Hunter class in World of Warcraft that players are keenly attuned to the intricacies of class balance and gameplay experience. The observation of a disproportionate advantage in area of effect (AoE) situations for Demon Hunters, in contrast to other classes, highlights the potential impact on the overall enjoyment of the game.

The acknowledgment of the Demon Hunter’s perceived simplicity, with a minimalistic rotation and a seemingly easy-to-master set of abilities, raises questions about the balance between accessibility and depth in class design. This external observation aligns with the broader discourse within gaming communities regarding the delicate task of maintaining a fair and engaging experience for players of various preferences and playstyles.

The call for an open dialogue between the player community and the development team reflects a desire for collaborative solutions. Such discussions, as observed in various gaming communities, can lead to nuanced adjustments that cater to both the accessibility needs of a broad audience and the desire for strategic complexity among seasoned players.

In essence, this external observation underscores the ongoing challenges faced by game developers in achieving class balance and player satisfaction. It recognizes the passion of the player base and their constructive engagement in discussions aimed at refining and enhancing the gaming experience.

2 Likes

AoE damage is in fact too high but…

With a minimalistic rotation and what seems like an easy-to-master set of abilities (often reduced to just three buttons)

what? 3 buttons? Just to keep inertia you usually use 3 buttons (Fel Rush, immolation aura and vengeful retreat at times). There are also:

• chaos strike
  • death sweep
  • eye beam
  • fel barrage
  • sigil

Glaive is pretty much unused due to 2 tier set but still… DH probably needs to use more spells than your average Joe in AoE situation. The issue is the damage balance If anything - not lack of class complexity

4 Likes

I wonder if you even looked at Havoc class design past how they were in Legion at launch but frankly, still clinging to the idea that DH is a 2 button spec like they used to be when they were frankly completely underdeveloped and were designed to sell the expansion after possibly the worst expansion ever is so incredibly stupid.

As Shattre said, just maintaining inertia is a couple of buttons in itself, I actually bought an MMO mouse to keep up with various keybinds that I now have that I never had before, not to mention all the utility spells that we now have that we never had before or had to specifically spec into them.

Our DPS is now heavily tied to setup, and to effectively use Fel Barrage for example, you need to be aware of what is still on CD, how much fury you have at the time of pressing it, you need to not press your usual damage spells as they waste fury that you need for the spell to even do something, etc.

Our Ragefire, which is the biggest offender, requires you to to maximize the amount of damage you deal with Immolation Aura, which is relatively easy but can become difficult once you have to dodge mechanics and use VR and Fel Rush, as stepping out of range for that one moment when your aura expires means you don’t do ANY damage with it to anyone.

And there is a Throw Glaive gameplay now with the new tier which requires you not to overcap stacks or waste a stack by Blade Dancing when you have a stack up.

And I didn’t even go into various nooks and crannies of how to get the maximum potential out of all of that.

Explain to me please how is that easier than your Demo AoE rotation of spamming HoGs, pressing pet bladestorm and using implosion. Or how is that easier than previous season Destruction AoE which was a glorious art of pressing Rain of Fire over and over again while gaining passive soul shards all the time.

It’s interesting how all of this is coming from a Warlock which have a history of being beyond broken every mid-end expansion.

1 Like

They’ll likely nerf fel barrage and ragefire. Probably the tier set too.

St damage is fine, it’s on the higher end, but not op at all.

As for “minimalistic rotation” First of all, as shattre pointed out, this is flat out wrong.

Second of all, rotational difficulty should not be a factor when it comes to the actual balance.

The reason why you should play a spec is because it’s fun, not because it’s harder to play so you do more damage.

Otherwise arcane mage should do double the damage of everyone else, but that’s obviously not gonna happen.

What the hell did you just spout about me, you puny mortal? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in demon hunting, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Burning Legion. I have over 300 confirmed demon kills. I am trained in arcane warfare, and I’m the top demon slayer in all of Azeroth. You are nothing to me but just another imp. I will obliterate you with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the Twisting Nether, mark my demonic words.

You think you can get away with disrespecting me in the Twisting Nether? Think again, fool. As we speak, I am contacting my secret network of warlocks across Azeroth, and your location is being traced right now, so you better prepare for the infernal storm, insignificant mortal. The storm that will wipe out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re dead, weakling. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can banish you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my demonic powers.

Not only am I extensively trained in dark magic, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the demonic legions, and I will use it to its full extent to erase your miserable existence from the face of Azeroth, you insignificant speck. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” insult was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you pathetic creature. I will rain fel fire upon you, and you will drown in the agony of your own demise. You’re dead, mortal.

Ahahaha its so funny that you make it look so hard for the dh rotation like u are a big bonobo gtfo l2p u top dps both pvp pve with 2 buttons even if you completely mess up everything you still outdps almost every class.Like what a joke to even try make it that it is something difficult and you also need a new mmo mouse to keep up and blah blah.This a joke just dont write anything else at this point.

2 Likes

retri main XD

I mean, I wouldn’t even bother explaining this any further to anyone. It’s true we do a lot of AoE but we are not the only class with overpowered AoE. There is a history of WoW specs being completely broken for the entire season or even expansion, so I don’t see anything wrong in DH having their moment in the sun.

3 Likes

Unnistall.

You first havocher.

At least you’ll do everyone a favor.

1 Like

I would but there are ppl like you that i need to take care of so ill be here till the day you unnistall the damn game.

I guess we’ll see you being a clown for longer then.

Currently AOE damage from DH is insane. Barely any class (well maybe BM hunter who also gets nerf with set bonus on next Wednesday) can keep up with DH in AOE. Especially that CDs are almost non existent for DH right now.

Still is it enough? We shall see. yet in a situation where in M+20 I do 1mln AOE DPS and the next person who has same ilvl as I do have (470) does 350k on same group is kinda… odd. That -12% might not be sufficient but we shall see on Wednesday.

Do we get something special in exchange then?
DH has solid dps in M+ like Hunter and Rogue but is still missing “mandatory” support. Noone picks Havoc just for his Darkness or his damage. People want CR,BL and Shroud.

You need to realize that you are actually the clown here.

That’s called projection.

Look, you’re not gonna win against me in a battle of words, i am far smarter than you are, you can’t even understand that i did say that havoc aoe was too strong.

You are that dumb.

You can’t even spell correctly most of the time, and i’m not even native by comparison. You might not be either, but that’s not an excuse.

The nerf was just placed at wrong skills. Imolation Aura itself deals okayish aoe dps but the bigger issue was Ragefire. Its damage scales by the power of 2 per target, which resulted and still results in kinda infinite damage numbers. So instead of nerfing Ragefire to maximum 5 targets for example, they just destroyed a complete playstyle for singeltarget dps also.

I want them nerfed as much as the next person but the 3 button meme doesn’t help your case, it makes you look like you don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve play both ww and enhance a lot in pve and dh is on par with them in complexity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.