Request: race change (with limits)

What is the big deal if they just overhaul the old world with the new cataclysm world, its just 2 expansions earlier?

Where did u learn to come up with such highly educational arguments.

2 Likes

Race change, LFG, Tokens, Barbershops - you name it.
Where is all these ā€œno changesā€ people? Prolly either dropped after the hype or now they are the oneā€™s asking for that junk.
Stick to what youā€™ve created and deal with it.

How would it lessen your game experience if people could do an irreversible one way change to one of the new races?

Because it ruins the fun that choices have consequences.

But this was never a choice you had to begin with. So why not give the choice now? If itā€™s a one time and one way thing it canā€™t even be abused

I have an analogy to illustrate how I feel about these things. I fully admit that itā€™s a feeling and not a very good analogy, but here it is:

I see this game as a hole in the ground. I like that hole. Itā€™s an nice mmorpg hole. But you want to add things to that hole. And the more things you add the smaller the hole gets.

I understand your feelings. And itā€™s the fear that your hole will get too crowded.
So I guess itā€™s not my idea in particular, but the general idea of adding you donā€™t like.

To me, not getting this choice is like someone putting a metal bottom in my hole, preventing me from digging it any deeper.

So I guess our feelings just donā€™t match on this and weā€™ll have to agree to disagree. Iā€™m very happy you put it this way though. Made it easier to understand. So thank you.

Will add that there are probably many many other things we can agree on should never ever be added ^^

Having the possibility of a single in-faction race swap would solve all my worries of heading into TBC and I would pay big dollars for it!

My main, who was once created to be optimal for Vanilla WoW since TBC was not announced is going to be utterly unplayable with the elitist state of mind in the PvP community.

I could of course level a new Rogue, but that would mean losing all my progress from Classic and hitting delete on my main to be able to use the same name would really sting.

• One single in-faction race swap for the mains who will lose it all, please <3
3 Likes

Talk about being close to reality.
In reality you CAN change your name
In reality you CAN change your race, well male/female but you get the picture.

So following your logic it should be added to WoW

Pretty much this. I always make sure that my characters are and look like something I can somewhat relate to. Or if not that, something I at very least wonā€™t regret looking at.

Itā€™s amazing how many people seem to not have done that.

Then you will have to stick with your existing character and race. If race changes were a thing, itā€™d not only encourage the poor business practices from Blizzard itā€™d also likely lead to good chunk of the existign characters suddenly switching to Blood elf due to racials and the like.

Thatā€™s a no from me.

I also do this. But I didnā€™t have the choice to choose that which I truly wanted before tbc. So this was an idea solving that one issue.

A one time, one way swap to the new races only, as they were not an option earlier

I would absolutely love Blizzard to add a paid race change. I chose a dwarf priest in Classic because I knew the power of fear ward. With the release of TBC (patch 2.4.3), this unique class/race ability is given to all priests (which I think is a good addition). Priest racials change and with that, I think we should be allowed to change race too.

3 Likes

I already asked on reddit, a lot of people answer was that no changes.
But blizzard already changed a lot of things during classic.
Adding to this the 58 boost. Meaning they can create a 58 character inside of classic/tbc. You can transfer your character. Meaning you also can name change BTW.

So every thing is already settled up to just race change I donā€™t even know why ppl are complaining.

Let me give you an exemple : Kevin donā€™t want to play his elf warrior. Because whatever the f he want. He just buy a boost, run horde, make a Tauren and there u have an unbalanced server faction just because u canā€™t racechange.

Now for my own purpose, yeah Iā€™m today 50/50 on buying a boost just to have a gnome warrior not because of the racial because of the animations/graphics. But no I donā€™t want to leave my warrior I farmed thunder fury, rank 12, grinded all classic content, even dropped teebuh as my first fury real weapon.
Just add race change. A one way option. Like, u get the choice to race change when u go trough the portal because u get absorbed to the outland.

Please.

4 Likes

Yeah bring this baby in.

As said, put limits so that it cannot be used on the new races. And keep faction changes away to avoid imbalance. Even though Iā€™d personally love to see faction changes, I can understand why it would be bad for the game as a whole.

But race changes would be nice, otherwise like others have said, Iā€™m stuck with these ugly night elf rogue animations, and I donā€™t fancy starting over or buying a boost to lose all the progress on my current nelf.

Guys, if you want all this changes, where i can experience true TBC?

2 Likes

If we balanced the races there wouldnt be this many Race change threads.

For example.
Give all races a Melee Wep Specialization.

For example:
Give dwarves Axe and Mace Specialization
Tauren Mace Specialization
Night Elf Daggersā€¦ etc etc

There is tons of Flavour to be gained here.
Also it probably will increase the diversity of the playerbase.

well said champ

4 Likes

yeah but thatā€™s not how the game was designed. racials adds flavor and youā€™re suggesting homogenization which is one of the aspects of retail people really dislike.