[Resource] The Compendium of Trinket Visual Effects for RP

Hello, everyone!

Trinkets are in-game items that come with all sorts of benefits, including on-use effects that often come with a visual effect. I hope to create a full list of such, and since this is far too heavy a workload for one person, I am turning it into community effort! If you have a moment of free time and some trinkets for testing at hand, please add them to the list.

Below I will use wiki pages which can be edited by everyone. For ease of browsing, trinkets will be grouped alphabetically and each entry will have a colour tag and a brief description, so that people who are looking for a specific effect (for example in case someone is looking for something green for druids).

Please add only trinkets with “on use” effects. Please add trinkets that don’t require an enemy target in order to work, as those can sometimes unavailable during RP events. While adding new entries to the list, please follow the following format:

- Trinket Name – ATTRIBUTE(optional!) – COLOR – Brief description of what the effect does.

In order to make things easy to search, please pick one of the following colours (since, as far as I know, these are the ones that trinkets use):

BLACK, GREY, WHITE, RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, TEAL, BLUE, PURPLE, BROWN

If the trinket effect has more than one colour, put them in separated by a dash, for example WHITE/BLUE.

If you are certain that an effect also has a clear attribute (some trinkets do, some don’t), you are welcome to include them as well. Use these with caution. You can pick one of the following attributes (more will be added depending on need):

FIRE, WATER, AIR, EARTH, LIGHTNING, LIGHT, VOID, NATURE, MIST, FEL, ARCANE

I will be contributing to this thread whenever I spot a new trinket in the wild. Please consider joining the effort, so we can build a dependable list of RP trinkets. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

TRINKET EFFECT LIST:

A

• Animated Exoskeleton – PURPLE – For 2 seconds purple flames engulf a character’s stomach and hands, then explode and form a ‘flaming’ orb-shaped barrier around the character.

B

C

• Captain Zvezdan’s Lost Leg - WHITE - Summons a ghostly pirate crew to aid you in combat for 10 min.
  • Crate of Kidnapped Puppies - BROWN - Releases kidnapped puppies to fight for you for 10 min.

D

• Defender of the Timbermaw - BLUE - Summons a Timbermaw Ancestor to help you fight or heal you in battle. Lasts for 30 seconds before the ancestor falls over and disappears. Need to be Exalted with Timbermaw Hold to use it.

E

F

G

H

• Humming Black Dragonscale – RED/ORANGE – Makes the character levitate and gives them fiery dragon wings for 15 seconds.

I

• Ignition Mage’s Fuse – WHITE/GREY – For a brief moment a character performs a crafting animation. Sparks fly and smoke appears around their hands.

J

K

• Kezan Stamped Bijou – WATER - BLUE – For one second ring of blue water-like effects appears at the character’s feet, rippling outwards.

L

M

• Manual of Void-Calling - BLUE/PURPLE - Summons a bound voidcaller to fight for you for 10 min.
  • Mark of Supremacy – RED – Red Enrage symbol appears over the character’s head and tints them slightly red for 20 seconds.

N

O

P

Q

R

S

• Sea Giant’s Tidestone – BLUE/WHITE – 12 seconds of barely visible blue/white splash of water around the character.

• Shockbiter’s Fang – LIGHTNING – BLUE – A circle-shaped zap quickly appears above the character’s head.

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

3 Likes

-Reserved for more future posting-

2 Likes

-Reserved.-

2 Likes

Crate of Kidnapped Puppies - BROWN? - Releases kidnapped puppies to fight for you for 10 min. (Drop)

Manual of Void-Calling - BLUE/PURPLE - Summons a bound voidcaller to fight for you for 10 min. (Quest Reward)

2 Likes

I have one called “vial of storms”, belive it has intellect or haste,and the effect is “Open the vial and release a thunderbolt,damaging all enemies in 8 feet radius” (1:30 cooldown)

from an elite mob in stormsong valley

1 Like

This is not the effect I mean, Maradan. :slight_smile: The effect can easily be found in trinket description or on Wowhead, which makes this list pointless. When using a trinket, it oftentimes comes with some visual effects that can be seen at the beginning or over its duration, like this effect of the Animated Exoskeleton:

2 Likes

it has a lightning effect on your hands,simmilar to the stormkeeper talent that no one uses for shaman

1 Like

In this case feel free to add it to the wiki page following the format specified in the first post. :+1:

1 Like

Some trinkets have battle-only effects, like sending shadowy stuff at a target etc. Should they be listed too? And in that case, should we add notes specifying if it requires a target or not?

1 Like

Good question, and I should definitely update the first post with this info! As RP guilds often use make-believe ‘marker enemies,’ effects that require an enemy target might become unusable, I personally tend to skip them as they might not be very viable to use in RP.

2 Likes

so good I didn’t add that vial yet

1 Like

If it’s aoe damage I don’t think it requires a target, so if the visual effect is cool I’d say it fit into the list! But you might want to add that it damages anything nearby.

2 Likes

Exactly!

Meanwhile I will keep frantically editing the first post, hoping to make things explanatory enough. :relaxed:

1 Like

it does aoe around a chosen enemy target,so i cant use it whenever i want

1 Like

Prepatch will soon be upon us! If you are one of the people who are going to level new characters, make sure to check the trinkets you acquire during leveling for cool effects. :sparkles:

2 Likes

Working on 'em trinkets. It’s a pity that the early expansions are somewhat lacking when it comes to variety!

Leveling is fun again, and my list of incoming uploads is growing. It will be a time for a small info dump soon. :dizzy:

2 Likes

This one goes up too. :grimacing:

2 Likes

The biggest problem is figuring out whether some effects are client- or server-side. There are quite a fun ones that don’t show for others. :frowning:

1 Like