Rest in Peace, Earl Boen

It only just hit me how much this man’s narration of the character intro sequences set the tone and immersion for the early levels of all my characters.

May you and your soft yet husky voice find peace in whatever or wherever comes after this, mister Boen.

RIP.

46 Likes

Bless him.

I Hope they won’t remake the old starting zones, his voice makes them better, it was iconic… kind of like a mature Cain from Diablo without the wobbly voice. Sad news to hear

1 Like

The voice of King Terenas and many of our memories…

Felt special that last night I shouted “For King Terenas!” on a human character of mine. I will miss him loads; he was a favourite voice actor of mine. :pray:

5 Likes

No king rules forever…

1 Like

“No king rules forever my son”
The voice of mine and many other WoW players’ childhood. I’ll never forget when I heard his voice in Silvermoon forest the very first time I entered the Warcraft universe. Started playing with my friend so we sat in silence as we listened to the intro. And the legendary WotLK cinematic, I still watch that from time to time and lip sync to when he says “Arthas”.

I don’t know why but I always thought he would narrate the intros for forever. I just wish he knew how special his voice still is to us… Rest easy, King.

1 Like

his voice will forever be remembered by wow community :cry:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.