Rested XP addon

Can someone tl;dr what this addon does? Never heard of it.

Tells you how to level.

Ok it does tell you how to level faster, but ultimately it’s just telling you how to do something which happens passively as you play the game.

Personally it should be banned, nothing against speed runs, but if you wanna speed run it should be with stock game, no mods.

1 Like

Both Zygor and Rested XP can be downloaded for free online. Just Google “zygor epvp” and check the first link.

rather than risking your PC browsing what are sketchy external sites you can just use WoW-Pro Guides

does basically the same thing, just slightly less refined

but free and freely available at Curseforge, so you arent risking getting something nasty nor breaking any ToS

and yes RestedXp, Zygor and ALL payd addons should be treated as bots and dealt with accordingly

So given free reign to ruin the game forever?

You can get the whole addon and all the contents for free if you look on google lmao, There’s a thread on ownedcore forum with downloads for it

Do a virustotal scan for it and your problem is solved

if you think thats all you need …
well i wish you all the luck in your internet adventures… youll gonna need it …

We dont live in the stone age, Addons are just a part of the game, And they have been ever since i started and i started in TBC. At this point there’s no way you can’t argue that addons arent in the spirit of ‘classic’.

There were tons of addons dating back to the early days of Molten Core as well cause Blizzards raid frames were, uh…

If you think WoW can actually execute malicious code via an addon I wish you good luck as well in your antivirus career

Worst case scenario: it mails your gold away. Boo hoo.

again your naivety is astounding

worst case - it gives all your credit card data to someone else then sends itself to all your contacts …

because, you know, hackers wont really be that interested in your wow account … your REAL account on the other hand …

also welcome to someones bot-net, hope you are fine being used as part of some government or private bruteforce attack network …

Could you show me an example of an wow addon which keylogs your credit card details when you punch it to a website?

Oh right, you cannot do that via a wow addon.

:rofl: who is talking about an addon …

just opening a wrong link can inject malware into your OPERATING SYSTEM … no need to bother with some badly writen LUA code for a game …

I am talking about the addon. Simply putting a shady addon into your wow addon folder won’t scam you for your credit card details. Even if it had a malicious .exe file in it WoW would not execute it. Or would it? Can addons execute binary files? Please enlighten me.

As for your generic security concerns, you can get viruses to your computer even from this website if someone hacks it. Best to not open any website literally at all if you are so scared

LOL imagine thinking a lua file can do this :smiley:

there is no malware in “LUA” the WoW API just does not support it and you can’t get any malicious files from it unless… obviously… you open an executable file, which is completely on you

He must be some RXP developer who is angry that their scam addon is here available for free due to writing dumb things like that and spreading fear

2 Likes

Go educate yourself and stop talking nonsense if you have no idea on how WoW API or “LUA” in general works, thanks.

which is exactly why i sayd you are naive … you wont get infected by the addon

hope you enjoy the ransomware encrypting all your harddrives after it sends all the sensitive data you have to some ahole that will extort you with it …

and no they dont need any exe files… just you opening link without proper security in place is enough …

and if you dont understand this i very much doubt you use tools that would protect you from these BASIC attack methods …

ah yes because its sooo likely to get a virus from Battlenet when compared to warez site … :rofl: