Resto druid feels awkward

unfortunately your opinion means nothing and is completely missing the point. Almost all of your keys are played in meta comp with multiple group cds.

I don’t see a single key you recently pushed without at least two huge group defs.

Of course this is exactly when druids are the perfect heals. If you reread what I wrote I was talking specifically about comps without group defs. Dead means dead and you can do nothing against incoming damage spikes in such scenarios.

I didn’t say there were weak but useless if the group suffers from weak def cds.

Druids are one of the only heal specs which offer nothing in that case. I was simply voting for a group def instead of more throughput.

Resto Druid is a very good healer. I do miss our old Flourish though as that was such a powerful cooldown, and not a huge fan of Grove Guardians - was an extra button and cool-down I really didn’t want. So I’d love to go back to season 2 healing and less season 3.

We have a lot of great mobility and powerful spot healing with Swiftmend and Nature’s Swiftness, but if those are unavailable then Regrowth really struggles to do the job. I’ve never really tried Nourish but the consensus is it’s pretty bad. At least with the S3 tier, a clearcasting regrowth puts out a huge Nourish - that helps a lot with spot healing.

Tbh the hardest part of healing as Resto is knowing when the damage spikes are coming so you can put out your HoTs ahead of time, as difficult to heal reactively.
Also we use a lot of GCDs putting out HoTs so less opportunity to dps. And Nature’s Vigil was nerfed which is was often what I used so I could dps with my heal spells.

As for group defensives - it would be awesome to be able to talent into a group Ironbark with a larger CD, but I don’t see it happening.

1 Like

ah yes, the famous ret + WW metacomp, played by literally noone.
The only “group def” my team has is darkness which doesn’t reliably safe you from oneshots which is the biggest problem of the current season. Other classes with group wide defensive CDs (e.g. warrior) are far from being meta while classes that add nothing to the group (e.g. balance druids) are rising.
This season is all about surviving oneshots and which class is able to survive them. A healer adding a group wide or personal DR is therefore beneficial but if you take for example disc priests, they also suffer from survivability problems themselves which druids negates by using bear form.
Tldr: Season determined by surviving frequent oneshots, classes with lots of passive DR have a huge advantage, adding group wide DR is a nice extra but doesnt cover the problems that people need lots of passive DR or multiple cooldowns to cycle through to survive fights on higher levels. The only good solution is to reduce the amount of oneshots the current season has.

2 Likes

and run with a high amount of vers in M+. I think I have about 25% even as Resto. So that is -12.5% dmg. Plus high gear = high hp.

I mean it depends how you define “high keys”. For me and my guild ,we don’t bother going over +20 really.

You’re lying again and i can prove it. Most recent waycrest you got aug, dh, both offer most powerful group defs in the game. Keep lying to yourself that it’s pure skill but they carry you big time.

Either you don’t know or you’re just ignorant. Then again you’re not even close to 0.1% so you’re just bad I guess

1 Like

Resto has been whack for raiding for so long it feels like. The bigger the group, the worse they become.

It’s a complex issue imo, because they’re amazing in PvP, decent in M+, but utter garbage in raids.

Fair enough, Aug/every evoker brings Zephyr which is an aoe dmg reduction. Most dangerous situations, however, are currently caused by spells that are single target (e.g. final Boss BRH, even the shadow bolt volley is 5 single hits and not an aoe one). Zephyr is decent but it is not as good anymore as it was last season and it’s definetely not the reason you time or deplete a key.
I never said anything about skill, I never said anything about group CDs not being good, I mentioning what the currently problems in this m+ season are and called you out for calling out comp meta (which it is far from). The only thing you’re doing is calling me a liar, saying my opinion means nothing when I actually provide explanations for my statements. I get a strong feeling that you just want the confirmation that you depleting your keys was solely based on your comp and not you. If it gets you to cool down: You did everything right, its just the game / comp / your teammates that cause bad keys.

1 Like

Last three seasons (Sepulcher of the First Ones, Vault and Aberrus) where pretty good, maybe not Paladin levels of good but still pretty good. Especially in Aberrus we reached the peak of our raid power, making us one of the strongest healers.
Afterwards, Blizzard decided to nerf mana and healing CDs of all healers as they were to strong but sadly forgot about Disc and MW and here we are :frowning:

1 Like

There is a Fyrakk Mythic kill currently up on warcraft logs, the druid has a 100 log but is 3rd overall. The Monk is 100k HPS ahead and got an 89 log, the Discipline Priest is 20k HPS ahead and got a 25 log

I think this highlights the major problem with Restoration at the moment. Throughput healer that has no throughput combined with the fact that we bring nothing unique to the raid.

I would love to see them remove treants from the game, revert back to S2 style of play and try again as I find this current playstyle not fun or engaging. The “hero” talents suggest they will double down on the treant playstyle which for the first time since TBC leaves me thinking about re-rolling

noone would argue that druid doesnt need (a lot of) love in raids but I wouldn’t base that on a single parse of the final boss. If there is only one parse it is automatically a 100 since it’s the best parse for this spec. You could do 5 hps and still get a 100 parse.
That being said, there are three logs by now and druid doesn’t do too well in all of them. However, many good druids rerolled to other specs or are benched for Fyrakk so it would look a bit better if everyone would be allowed to play their main (not good, but certainly better)

It’s an extreme example I agree but it does highlight the problem, at the time of writing there are now 5 Restoration Druid kills on Fyrakk and unfortunately it doesn’t look any better. The new 100 log from a Druid is beaten by a 13 log from a MW Monk. I know this isn’t the full picture and is not conclusive but as I said before it does highlight the major problem with the spec at this moment.

We do extremely well in M+ this season (I don’t follow PVP so I don’t know) which is probably why the class has not had adjustment because if we sucked in both it would have been more obvious.

I think most Druids have been benched this season, not just because of our raw output issue but also because AI healing from treants isn’t guaranteed to heal the people that need it most making us even less desirable. I really don’t like the pet healing approach nor do I think it will ever be balanced properly (It has potential to be OP too) for us to do reliable healing like we did before the Flourish change.

1 Like

Y’all wanted dmg healers ,there ya go ,trade dmg for healing ,which is trash if u ask me ,no healer should do dmg ,except disc priest period .But no ,nooo ,cry babies wanted to use feral amd heal and bear in one ,good luck hahaha

The whole class is literally meant to revolve around different forms. What are you on about.

Well,let s just say I liked to stay in my tree form when healing and use cat form just for speeding through the neverending halls or get out of the red area asap ,which was great ,read the other post of mine and you see why I dont want ZA big change

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.