Resto : Haste Cap

I was wondering, what is the haste cap, for now I try to focus on haste+vers, but I wonder at what point I should not increase haste any more and go for crit.

Are you asking for PvP or PvE?

I found the following two sources, so 30% (or a rating of 5100) appears to be the first cap when diminishing return kicks in:

• “icy-veins. com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-stat-priority”
  • “mechanicalpriest. com/compendium/stats-and-scaling#diminishing-returns”

For PvE you could also check “raider. io” and look through the top m+ players, but it doesn’t seem as if they actually strive for a certain value, most of them don’t even have more than 11% haste according to their arsenal profile.
I also looked into the most used builds on “mplus.subcreation. net/restoration-shaman” and people don’t even take flash flood, so it’s not like they play around this to heal faster.

(For some reasons i cannot include links, so mind the space in the pseudolinks)

Riptide is heavily our best heal so having tons of haste doesn’t matter, around 11-12 % of haste is more than enough but crit should be for starters around 20% and then the rest to mastery and flat healing increase is always versatility after crit.

Crit >Versatility>Mastery>Haste (Honorable mention for pve ) items with leech are super important for a healer as it increases HPS greatly.

1 Like

Cheers for that, I’m not focussing on haste any more, but I do use flash flood to avoid being a slow caster.

For primordial wave we need healing wave, so I prefer to have that cast a bit more faster.

you cannot really go after the top m+ players. they play shaman heal for dps, not for healing. they pull big and pop every cd, dont cast any heals. pull small till cds up and these small pull dont need heals.

in pugs you need to cast a lot more… people taking tons of avoidable dmg which makes shaman the worst pug healer as our casted heals are horrid

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.