Resto Shaman help M+

Hi

I keep struggeling in +15 dungeons and resto shamans are one of the best healers for M+.

Could anyone who knows Resto Shaman help me figure out why I feel my tank just dies unless I spam heal him and I can’t save a DPS form a tine mistake unless I got Riptide ready.

I would like to link a log but the forum tells me I can’t :roll_eyes:.

Warcraftlogs + reports/ytbgF3mDVvC8PdhN#fight=3&type=summary

Apriciate any help.

1 Like

Your tank should be kiting when not under defensives. Your DPS should stop eating avoidable damage (Hunter’s top damage taken was Thrash from the shards, people were taking damage from Deadly Thrust/Rapid Fire for example). Some mechanics should be handled better (e.g. double-soak the statues on Chamberlain)

None of these are a healer issue. Eventually comes a point where it’s not the Healer’s responsibility to heal avoidable stuff, and they’re there to heal mechanic damage.

3 Likes

This. As soon as avoidable damage is taken. It’s not the healers fault if they die as it generally one shots people. Or close to it.

I got flamed for ‘not healing’ some shi*ty dps that were soaking every bit of avoidable damage, while i was busy healing tank, avoiding aoe, trying to keep em alive and not interrupting myself by quake…

People don’t understand that healer isn’t some god that can spam lay on hands every gcd and cover any mistake.

Some tanks and dps are lazy, I feel less and less guilty when they die tbh.

I have no idea how some get the rio score. I am no pro or anything, make my mistakes as well, but like this weekend I was trying to time an SD, in pugs it is close to impossible.

Some even don’t get passed the first boss, melee that don’t run out when we need to stand between him and boss, or the orbs very close together…not even mentioning boss 2 where they don’t run out with a circle on them…or getting more than 3 orbs on the 3rd boss…timed a 14, will check again next week :smiley:

I’d recommend to not feel bad if any puggers is calling you stuff, usually it’s their own fault. Not to say we don’t make out mistakes, I’ve had a few quaking “locks” for example.

See, altho i’m happy to hear that aperently i’m doing good as healer I am not happy to hear that I can’t save my guild m8s from a few mistakes and the tank must kite whenever he has no defensives.

That’s just sad realy…

It makes me wonder if M+ is something I wana do at all :worried:.

I stop healing people when i see that they are taking dmg they can avoid or they fail to interupt something
I don’t care if they die :smiley:
I often find myself saying to myself …things like man why this dude is not kiting and facetank mobs without metamorphosis
cause i see their CD im often disapointed in my dps and TANK :smiley:
Always checking details after run
and amount of selfheal they do on 13+ runs is making me cry
there was hunter in 12 SOA he used his selfheal exactly 1 time.
People needs to understand that healer role is to heal dmg you can’t avoid and use cd when it’s need
best example is pride
if someone is going to die during pride its mainly your fault but not all the time…

2 Likes

Pride for sure isn’t always our fault, especially if someone is hit by the beam when it was so clear not to stand there :stuck_out_tongue:

I also feel less and less guilty about people dying to stupid things. Doesn’t mean they shout out to the healer, they always do.

Maybe try ElitismHelper, it announces avoidable damage taken in chat (and puts a summary at the end of the dungeon).
It did not make me more elite, sometimes i am on top of the list, but it helps you (and others) learn what stuff is avoidable.

I don’t feel guilty at all, i always try my best to keep everyone alive no matter their falls, but if they fked up it’s their fault and not mine.
Good example is that with low pugs I’m doing 5-7k hps, while with my group I’m usually doing only 3-4 and dish out more damage.

1 Like

Good point. My main problem as a healer is sometimes I get myself into trouble whilst trying to keep someone else alive. I need to stop doing that :smiley: .

I don’t mind constantly surging the tank, but there are some tank who just take damage like their armor is made of paper. If they die, they die, I’m sure they’re not supposed to face tank everything.

I also tend to change my 2nd row talent to deluge during fortified weeks, and using high tide. Personal preference though, I love playing with those talents, plus I am using the Mana Tide Totem legendary, probably not a default pick, but it fits the way I play, totally love it (plus I am not necrolord),

Well when it comes to 15+ keys, people must know what they’re doing. Especially when it comes to avoid damage.

I’ve been healing since Cataclysm with the resto Shaman as main: the best people I’ve found myself with are those who can dodge the most incoming damage, not those who deal the highest dps.

The only thing that can help those kind of WTF moments is Totem Link or maybe Ascendance + Cloudburst Totem + Chain Harvest (if you are venthyr). That’s usually how I manage to keep everyone alive when sh*t hits the fan :sunny:

Oh I am using the Riptide legendary. Still got to check if paired with the Riptide talent there can be a good singergy. Although Undulation is just TOO strong in mythic plus.

If you need any tips, or just want to go M+ together just add me in game :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.