Resto shaman needs immediate attention

As the title describes, resto shaman is in need of immediate attention which needs to come either at a healing percentage buff increase, or a redesign of the current tier set.

Before giving more detailed analysis, I would just like to point out that I am a veteran shaman player, currently ranked top 10 in m+ keys (3100 rio) and top 20 world amongst all healers in keys. Similarly in terms of raiding, we usually finish world 300-400 which means 1-2 rounds of nerfs in mythic bosses, pretty standard not something to brag about.

The issue now is that with the new upgrade system (which I love by the way, I think its very healthy for the game and a step towards the right direction) people have reached or are close to reaching 90-95% of available class power in terms of gear and ilvl, therefore we are seeing everything that classes can bring to the table (Excluding trinket drops).

The current tier set bonuses of resto shaman at best offer a 4-5% increase in terms of throughput. That is with proactive setup as you need a lot of prep to feed the 4-set bonus and to be quite honest it feels clunky, unintuitive and frankly useless. In terms of raids there is no seeming difference but there are a few instances where it is actually useful in m+, since planning in high keys (23-24+) is crucial. The issue however remains that it is miles behind the tier sets of other healers and this is visible from the raid statistics as well. One only has to look into the Mythic Rashok logs for instance where a resto shaman should be able to shine, and it is currently last by miles in terms of throughput. That is fundamentally flawed and should be addressed immediately.

Same thing goes for m+, I can give an example for Halls of Infusion 3rd boss which is a pure healing throughput check. Having timed it in Tyrannical +22, I was getting north of 130-140k hps, with no externals (e.g. Innervate) and of course I was close to running out of mana by the end. I know my class inside out, and I know that the absolute best a resto shaman can pump in that fight is probably around 150k hps and thats it. Seeing an evoker in a 24+ easily pull 190k hps at the end of the same fight and still be at around 50-60% mana is honestly a joke. The raw power that comes from their set bonus is insane compared to the laughable 3-4% increase of Tidewaters which has no reason of being in the game.

I hope that news come soon of a new balancing round, because the healer balance at this point just isnā€™t there. Resto shaman in my humble opinion needs a tier set bonus overhaul which complements the playstyle and making an actual difference. Being the healing class with the most active spell usages I am certain that there are multiple routes to do so.

These are my 2 cents, I hope for a constructive discussion / feedback.

2 Likes

Given the tendency of high end players to swap to the best tool for the job, could you explain why there are far more shamans over 3k that any other healer?

If youā€™re saying they are lacking in so many departments, why are they dominating the leaderboards in results?

Your narrative doesnā€™t fit with the empirical evidence.

1. Resto shaman power spikes are accidental.
  2. Nobody at Blizz plays Resto shaman, therefore changes are unlikely to come.
  3. Resto has historically had very, very few changes to it. The spec today plays very similarly to how it did in Wrath.
  4. Nobody at Blizz reads the EU forums.

What a disappoint set bonus:( And an instant heal from the Rain is NERFED in PvP?! Are you serious Blizz?

I havenā€™t played higher keys yet this season but I also think that the set bonus isnā€™t very useful, atleast compared with the one of my disc priest. Discā€™s set bonus is a dmg (and therefore also healing) increase, a mana saver and a great aid against spike dmg phases. It also doesnā€™t require a special ramp up like tidewaters. The latter however feels especially weak in non-melee heavy groups when people often are more spread out because healing rain isnā€™t good under these circumstances.

Its incredibly annoying fighting to keep that tier set up for a few measly %ā€¦ in pugs u can forget people stacking, so you donā€™t really get the full benefit of it eitherā€¦

My hps in raids compared to evokers and mistweavers is laughableā€¦ when I do 150k hps they are doing 250kā€¦ huge difference.

And mana? You run out extremely quickā€¦ I drink every other pull in m+ and in raids im always begging for mana. A problem i do not have with other characters.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.