Restoration Shaman spec bonuses

I will agree with you that for M+ specifically, the S2 tier set is the only one that offers a sizable benefit for both the 2p and 4p bonus. Unlike S3 which 4p is only really valuable in raid scenarios.

And with that I voted S2.

While S1 is tempting because of 10% extra crit that independant of DR… I voted against it because:

A) I expect to get the Rashok Trinket back, so we dont need more Resurgence.
B) It forces a HS totem build to have max uptime of that 10% crit. Which is worse than not having Cloud Burst.

As for damage… were in the gutter anywais so…

This does not change the fact that I still think that all 3 are really bad compared to other classes. And I am bummed out by that fact. I had hopes that S4 would be the season with a proper tier bonus.

One thing i dont understand:

Top M+ players (world rank 1 shaman in this topic and some 3.3k) think that S2 is best.
PVP players vote for S3 for sure
Some other casual players (like me) say that S3 was by far the funniest.

And still S1 is winning, being the most boring and less interactive set of them. I guess is the best option for raids, or we are getting boycotted, but i just dont understand

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

the tierset Bonus from S3 Rshaman is just boring and Not Even relevant.

i mean, there are such nice spells as a shaman and we dont use 2 Major spells from the Talents… because the Mana and mechanics behind them are total garbage… why take Even the rain, when chainheal costs less mana, heal More and other healers can Hot More efficient.

Blizzard needs to really think about the individuell Classes and How They should Fill in a grp with other healers.

anyway… the tierbonus from s3 is a Nice Buff for riptide doing mythic+ But Thats it…

Why arent There 1 Tierset with Special Bonus Things for different Talents?! Many people Like different playstyles… 1 likes chainheal, the other one riptide or totems or other Things around shaman… Buff these different spells with individual Boni…

dont be Boring Blizzard.

when you reach the bottom apparently you can dig your way down even further… great move to make a community even more toxic. the worst thought that Blizzard could have done, this thing will never make anyone agree, because everyone wants what is best for “them”, those who play PVP will want one thing, those who play raids will want something else and those who play M+ will want something else, and after all this there will be subjective thinking in these sub-categories. How could they even think that this was the right move?! did they want to make people participate? they could have read the myriad of feedbeck posts that made everyone agree, but instead they always didn’t care! not to mention Fated’s idea was the most ridiculous thing done. Oh, what a beautiful season we have coming up, I really want to see what will happen, actually no… I most likely won’t be in the game to see it. good luck dear fellow samanis my heart is with you

I do pvp and M+. I LOOOOVED season one. Stacking vers and crit made me do literally dps type damage, and it saved a ton of mana running the right build with riptide. And in pvp it literally made skyfury a healing cooldown with 80% uptime. Im all for season 1. With enough scaling on out lightning skills we could actually pump crazy damage as people are now running with a support dragon. Calling the new godcomp rn

1 Like

I’m ready for whatever happens. This voting thing stresses me out :joy:

I personally like S1 and S3 and I am fine with any of them. I personally like S1 a lot as it is a proper throughput increase as I like HS over CB and more crits and more potent crits is just free output. We have enough spells, I don’t need any new artificial ramp like S2 tierset.

1 Like

Its disappointing that S1 is winning…

From M+ perspective, the problem is HS totem. Its just so inferior to coudburst by its mechanics combined with the dungeon mechanics.

If there are a lot of burst AoE mechanics to deal with (which DF dungeons have, and a LOT of them) then you need AoE burst healing. Failure to have that means wiping.

HS totem works by healing very little at the begining and then ramping up and healing by a lot. We already have plenty of tools to deal with situations like that. And giving up the only AoE burst tool for one more ramp is not a good idea.

The only way to balance HS to CB is to make HS ramp down: High at the beginning and ramping down. That way the only realistic difference would be burst ST totem vs. burst AoE totem. Then it becomes interesting.

And because of that the uptime on the tier set bonus with cloudburst is very low. ~ 10s (average uptime of CB totem) every 45s is not a lot.

Unless they re-balance the bonus (which they wont) and make us get that crit for 20 to 40s after dropping the totem, then its not worth it.

Just to compare: The warrior Arms S1 set bonus is a flat 10% crit bonus to their most used ability. Not conditional to some skill…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.