Resurrection sickness' limits

05/11/2018 15:46Posted by Melane
I agree with the first part, but want to remind you, that healers and tanks in DPS spec is not unusual in the open world. And with the headless horseman there where players that pull immediately and give no chance to change spec, what takes a few seconds (and these seconds would have been taken anyways, if the player respecs before accepting).

Good point, I saw no end of DPS running up and starting the encounter before the tank even moved, so that could be the case as well. But, when the queue pops, you have a 30 second window before you get auto-declined, you could easily change then, since it shows up on screen what your roll in the dungeon is going to be. I always made sure to be in tank/healer spec before joining the dungeon, cause I knew a DPS was gonna charge forward and instantly start it xD
If you don't want to wait that additional time, I should remind you that 4 other players have to wait the rest of your RS with you, what will probably net up to more waiting time overall than you would have on your own.

Should other people tolerate your selfishness?
I don't thinks so.

Right, I'm selfish. Sorry I come off as that. I just wanted to sit down and play a game, oops, fell through the floor or off a cliff, can't get to my body, ah, that 15 minute queue popped... I will join and do my best, apologise to the other players because something not my fault happened. Nope, Oh well.

I would far rather just skip the res sickness entirely, but given that there is no choice to do that some times. I don't think I should be punished with having to wait 10 minutes on top of however long the queue is.

I'm quite lucky, I have a lot of time to play WoW. So this effects myself less than other people.
But some people have very little time to play WoW. Maybe only an hour a day or so. Should these people have to give up half their daily play time because of a flawed system? Because you can't manage to do a dungeon because 1 DPS is a little weaker?
I do note, this does not apply to healers and tanks, they get faster queues. but DPS. I mean come on, Dungeons are easy. You shouldn't mind if someone is under performing slightly. And not even for the whole dungeon.
05/11/2018 15:52Posted by Taramis
But some people have very little time to play WoW. Maybe only an hour a day or so. Should these people have to give up half their daily play time because of a flawed system?

See it the other way round as well, should people have to wait 10 minutes of their only time to play waiting for someone who has Ress sickness?

Because you can't manage to do a dungeon because 1 DPS is a little weaker?
I do note, this does not apply to healers and tanks, they get faster queues. but DPS. I mean come on, Dungeons are easy. You shouldn't mind if someone is under performing slightly. And not even for the whole dungeon.

This just falls under the "carrying" now though. You KNOW you're unable to do much, if anything in the dungeon due to the sickness, so you expect the other 2 DPS to carry you in damage. That's something that is also not fair to them. And it's not slightly, it's a 75% debuff, that's 3/4 of a players damage gone. They go from doing 6-8k DPS down to 1.5-2k dps. That's a HUGE difference.

I do understand where you're coming from, and I agree that the sickness shouldn't affect dungeons/raids/pvp, it should be removed and then placed back on the player afterwards. But, at the moment, that's not a thing.

And even if you don't see it as being selfish, it kinda is. You're expecting the other 4 people to either wait the 10 minutes because you died and either A: couldn't be bothered to run to your body, or B: Couldn't run to your body (This one isn't your fault), or get them to carry you for the first 10 minutes of a dungeon because of it. You shouldn't expect random people to do this, as it's not fair on them.

They've all come in prepared and ready to go, so they should also think you would as well. Unfair system, but it's what works.
Better idea, remove it from the game.
or just remove this outdated useless penalty
should people have to wait 10 minutes

In a perfect world, No. But instead of removing the player when they join a dungeon, why not just have the debuff disappear? Like a lot of buffs and debuffs disappear when you join an arena. Punishing players isn't ideal, especially when it isn't necessarily their fault.

05/11/2018 15:59Posted by Shortbolts
even if you don't see it as being selfish, it kinda is.

It can easily be construed as selfish. But I doubt many players are intending to be selfish, they just want to play the game. Not be punished with hideous wait times and stupid debuffs. It's selfish in as much as having bad breath is selfish.
It's bad for people around you, but generally you yourself had no intention of having this.

Unless people are intentionally going in dungeons with res sickness to troll people, these people are outliers, and I have no defences for them.

In some cases, it's the queue popped while you were running back, but in those cases, I. not sure about others, tend to say "Be there in just a second, just getting back to my body, nearly there. (Even if I'm not nearly there, best to be diplomatic and lie.) Maybe add in a "How is everyone doing today?" to distract them while you run.
05/11/2018 16:09Posted by Taramis
n a perfect world, No. But instead of removing the player when they join a dungeon, why not just have the debuff disappear? Like a lot of buffs and debuffs disappear when you join an arena. Punishing players isn't ideal, especially when it isn't necessarily their fault.

Agreed, it is something that shouldn't be able to go into dungeons with. It should be removed until you get back out again.

It can easily be construed as selfish. But I doubt many players are intending to be selfish, they just want to play the game. Not be punished with hideous wait times and stupid debuffs. It's selfish in as much as having bad breath is selfish.
It's bad for people around you, but generally you yourself had no intention of having this.

Yeah, but the other players won't see it like that. They'll just see it as you've come unprepared for the dungeon, why should they carry you. You still joined the dungeon with it, so to them, that's a selfish act (Though I understand your side of things completely).

In some cases, it's the queue popped while you were running back, but in those cases, I. not sure about others, tend to say "Be there in just a second, just getting back to my body, nearly there. (Even if I'm not nearly there, best to be diplomatic and lie.) Maybe add in a "How is everyone doing today?" to distract them while you run.

I had a little giggle at this, I must admit. "Distract them while you run" made a giggle. But not a lot of people do this either, and not a lot of people wait for you to get to your body. I've been kicked no end of times because I was dead when they queue popped, and didn't get to the dungeon fast enough.

But, the problem with all this, is that the community is now a "GOGOGOGOGO, NOW NOW NOW" type player base, due to M+'s bringing out timed runs and everything else. They want to get things done as fast as possible, with as little effort as possible.
If you don't want to wait that additional time, I should remind you that 4 other players have to wait the rest of your RS with you, what will probably net up to more waiting time overall than you would have on your own.

Should other people tolerate your selfishness?
I don't thinks so.

Right, I'm selfish. Sorry I come off as that. I just wanted to sit down and play a game, oops, fell through the floor or off a cliff, can't get to my body, ah, that 15 minute queue popped... I will join and do my best, apologise to the other players because something not my fault happened. Nope, Oh well.

I would far rather just skip the res sickness entirely, but given that there is no choice to do that some times. I don't think I should be punished with having to wait 10 minutes on top of however long the queue is.

I'm quite lucky, I have a lot of time to play WoW. So this effects myself less than other people.
But some people have very little time to play WoW. Maybe only an hour a day or so. Should these people have to give up half their daily play time because of a flawed system? Because you can't manage to do a dungeon because 1 DPS is a little weaker?

I do agree the mechanic is pointless hindering.
However you do not contribute to the dungeon (the damage with RS is garbage and with the little health and stats you have it is extremely difficult to keep you alive as healer only the tank has an easier job, as you won't generate a lot of threat) and are hindering 4 other players and that is selfish.
If you want to keep the queue alive, run back to your corpse, the travel time is a lot less than the time of RS. And if you really can't reach your corpse, quit the queue. Yes this is a bad design idea by todays standards, but until changed leaving the queue is the better option.

05/11/2018 15:51Posted by Shortbolts
But, when the queue pops, you have a 30 second window before you get auto-declined, you could easily change then, since it shows up on screen what your roll in the dungeon is going to be. I always made sure to be in tank/healer spec before joining the dungeon, cause I knew a DPS was gonna charge forward and instantly start it xD

This is rarely an issue in normal dungeons, but I did that with the headless horseman, because people were so extremely impatient to pull (even as DPS).
In general I accept, to get into the dungeon as fast as possible and sit down to change spec, if someone takes more time to accept and if I am the final one, I change spec in the dungeon itself.
05/11/2018 16:39Posted by Melane
This is rarely an issue in normal dungeons, but I did that with the headless horseman, because people were so extremely impatient to pull (even as DPS).
In general I accept, to get into the dungeon as fast as possible and sit down to change spec, if someone takes more time to accept and if I am the final one, I change spec in the dungeon itself.

Yup, I usually just join as whatever spec I'm in, see which role I am and change in dungeon to the one I need. But, it was more aimed at the headless horseman dungeon. Probably a bad example \_O_/
I queu battlegrounds all the time if I have rez sickness. Blizzs fault for that bad system.
If I'm gonna be forced to twiddle my thumbs for 10 minutes, at least I'll get some HKs, honor, and conquest points while waiting.

It's the only thing you CAN do that has any gains during the debuff.
Res sickness is the same story as daze/dismount, both are outdated mechanics left over from classic and serve no purpose other than being an annoyance.

If they truly must keep rez sickness, either prevent players from queuing (for both PvP and PvE) or remove the debuff in the instance. It doesn't have to be permanently removed either, just freeze the timer when the player enters the instance and resume the countdown once the player is out.

05/11/2018 15:28Posted by Taramis
In some zones, the ghost can fly on a ghost gryphon / wyvern. Why not have this everywhere? It's not like anyone enjoys running around as a ghost who is unable to haunt people.

Also this. It worked pretty well in Legion and I'd love to have this in all zones as well, including old world zones. It might be abused by players to reach some spots without flying since you don't have to be right on top of your corpse to resurrect, but it can easily be prevented by only allowing the players that has access to flying on that character.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.