Resurrection sickness' limits

Blizzard, please simply do not allow players with resurrection sickness to queue in any group finding system or to enter any instance.

Brawl : packed house - 15 vs 15 including a player with resurrection sickness.

Something is wrong with the balancing logic here.
04/11/2018 16:22Posted by Toutankarton
Blizzard, please simply do not allow players with resurrection sickness to queue in any group finding system.

It's player-decision on whether to keep people who join LFG groups with this. The vote kick system is there and this is why it's there. In regards to brawl, I'm not sure you can vote kick how ever.
04/11/2018 16:26Posted by Tymaar
Blizzard, please simply do not allow players with resurrection sickness to queue in any group finding system.

It's player-decision on whether to keep people who join LFG groups with this. The vote kick system is there and this is why it's there. In regards to brawl, I'm not sure you can vote kick how ever.

Imagie that you que random heroic at the morning after waiting 20 min as dps and tank got fresh ressurection sickness so you vote kick him and hope you will find second tank. Jk group is ruined
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Imagie that you que random heroic at the morning after waiting 20 min as dps and tank got fresh ressurection sickness so you vote kick him and hope you will find second tank. Jk group is ruined
The queue wouldn't have triggered in the first place if he didn't join it. Also the dungeon wouldn't be ruined if you !@#$ing waited the max 10 minutes until his debuff runs out. Will be faster than waiting for a new one. There is no time pressure in LFD. It's a shame that people have to be taught how to not sabotage themselves.
04/11/2018 16:56Posted by Liri
It's a shame that people have to be taught how to not sabotage themselves.

It is just plain rude to queue for anything when you have res sickness. More so when you are a tank or healer.
04/11/2018 17:02Posted by Slugtrail
It's a shame that people have to be taught how to not sabotage themselves.

It is just plain rude to queue for anything when you have res sickness. More so when you are a tank or healer.
It is. But you should deal with it in the way that screws you the least. Waiting for max 10 mins > waiting for another 20. People tend to lose sight of the goal when they are upset. The objective is to clear the !@#$ing dungeon asap. So you make your decision accordingly.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It is. But you should deal with it in the way that screws you the least. Waiting for max 10 mins > waiting for another 20. People tend to lose sight of the goal when they are upset. The objective is to clear the !@#$ing dungeon asap. So you make your decision accordingly.

Whether the player waits for res to pass inside or outside of the dungeon, the players will have to wait 10 minutes either which way.

Letting a queue pop for 4 other players only to make them wait a further 10 after giving them the impression you are ready to go upon loading screen ending is rude and frankly obnoxious.

Edit: The queue pop is there for a reason, I agree that if the queue were to pop for someone with res sickness then the game should auto decline it for them.
Res sickness should either not exist and there should a different form of penalty to it..

or

Res sickness needs to not be active in instanced situations.. and continue to falloff once you exit the instance from the point where it was at when you zoned into the instance (bg/raid dungeon ..... etc)
<span class="truncated">...</span>It is. But you should deal with it in the way that screws you the least. Waiting for max 10 mins > waiting for another 20. People tend to lose sight of the goal when they are upset. The objective is to clear the !@#$ing dungeon asap. So you make your decision accordingly.

Whether the player waits for res to pass inside or outside of the dungeon, the players will have to wait 10 minutes either which way.

Letting a queue pop for 4 other players only to make them wait a further 10 after giving them the impression you are ready to go upon loading screen ending is rude and frankly obnoxious.

Edit: The queue pop is there for a reason, I agree that if the queue were to pop for someone with res sickness then the game should auto decline it for them.
I talked about how to deal with the situation when it occurs. I don't disagree with your point that queuing with RS is rude. I disagree with how people are dealing with the situation. As I stated in the post you quoted.
Resurrection sickness is a thing from vanilla - and I've never understood why this was in game in the first place.

Vanilla corpse runs were a penalty on their own. One graveyard per zone wink wink. And then with Cataclysm outdoor elite subzones got scrapped.

I make mistakes okay. Like falling down from Hyjal into Felwood. But it's harsh to force me to log out for doing so.
Queues should simply pause while you have ress sickness.
That way you'll keep your place in the queue, but not be able to accept which ever dungeon you signed up for. And the others in it wouldn't even know aka have no issues.

If you get it after you have accepted the dungeon, then yeah. The group will have to figure out how they want to deal with it. But since you usually get ported into the dungeon that is not going to happen all that often.
Would make more sense just to nerf res sickness. It's bad enough that it gives you a 100-200 gold repair bill. But it also makes you have to go afk for 10 minutes? No, It's outdated, it should either just be nerfed or removed.

04/11/2018 17:38Posted by Megatokyo
I make mistakes okay. Like falling down from Hyjal into Felwood. But it's harsh to force me to log out for doing so.

Don't worry, I fall down a lot too... I think over all my account, I have something like 4000 deaths from falling. And yes, sometimes you cannot physically get to your corpse. And if you're queuing as a DPS, chances are you've waited 10-15 minutes already, having to leave the queue would just add even more insult to this abysmal system.

Also, I'm stealing your gnome. *Puts in knapsack* Mine now.
If it's on horde side It's ok .
05/11/2018 15:22Posted by Taramis
And yes, sometimes you cannot physically get to your corpse.

had this many times, fell off a cliff face and hit the rocks halfway down on a near vertical edge

literally impossible to get to unless you click ress as you fall past your corpse but then you die again at some other unreachable cliff point
In some zones, the ghost can fly on a ghost gryphon / wyvern. Why not have this everywhere? It's not like anyone enjoys running around as a ghost who is unable to haunt people.
People have no patience in this game or tolerance. Queue times are long and if you can't carry the character just that little bit to continue. I recently have had to do instances without a tank or with out a healer because there weren't any in the Q. So count yourself lucky that you have a full group (sometimes) and if one is lagging just try a little patience please.

Kick is abused more times than you know and if you have been in the queue a long time and then get the 15 min deserter for no good reason. I hope that makes you proud and that you get the same treatment.

Patience. Kindness. Calm. You can do it... Thank You.
i think maybe priests should be able to cure resurrection sickness
Or maybe a guild perk for 50% res sickness reduction.
Or have it so that when you get healed, the amount of time on your res sick debuff goes down.
Or give alchemists a potion that they can make that cures the sickness.
Or... well... Let's be honest, Res Sickness* is over a decade out of date, and really needs a good slap.
The queue wouldn't have triggered in the first place if he didn't join it. Also the dungeon wouldn't be ruined if you !@#$ing waited the max 10 minutes until his debuff runs out. Will be faster than waiting for a new one. There is no time pressure in LFD. It's a shame that people have to be taught how to not sabotage themselves.

But, why should 4 people have to wait for the tank to lose the sickness, just because the tank queued up with it? That doesn't seem fair on the other 4 people in my opinion. But, that's the attitude of some of the players of the game.

Like when the Headless Horseman dungeon was out, I had no end of Tanks/Healers in DPS spec, to the point I ran it every day on my rogue, and I think in all the runs I did, only once did I not tank the boss (I died twice because both tank and healer were DPS). It's just selfish in my opinion. You wanna run as DPS when you're supposed to heal/tank, or wanna join with ress sickness, do it with a group of friends, don't make randoms suffer and wait because of you.
05/11/2018 15:28Posted by Jansen
Kick is abused more times than you know and if you have been in the queue a long time and then get the 15 min deserter for no good reason. I hope that makes you proud and that you get the same treatment.

For no good reason?
If you queue with RS this is a damn good reason. And while I rarely kick someone (neither as group lead, nor as initiator or contributor in a vote to kick), I gladly would with anyone who accepts with RS.

05/11/2018 15:22Posted by Taramis
And if you're queuing as a DPS, chances are you've waited 10-15 minutes already, having to leave the queue would just add even more insult to this abysmal system.

If you don't want to wait that additional time, I should remind you that 4 other players have to wait the rest of your RS with you, what will probably net up to more waiting time overall than you would have on your own.

Should other people tolerate your selfishness?
I don't thinks so.

05/11/2018 15:37Posted by Shortbolts

But, why should 4 people have to wait for the tank to lose the sickness, just because the tank queued up with it? That doesn't seem fair on the other 4 people in my opinion. But, that's the attitude of some of the players of the game.

Like when the Headless Horseman dungeon was out, I had no end of Tanks/Healers in DPS spec, to the point I ran it every day on my rogue, and I think in all the runs I did, only once did I not tank the boss (I died twice because both tank and healer were DPS). It's just selfish in my opinion. You wanna run as DPS when you're supposed to heal/tank, or wanna join with ress sickness, do it with a group of friends, don't make randoms suffer and wait because of you.

I agree with the first part, but want to remind you, that healers and tanks in DPS spec is not unusual in the open world. And with the headless horseman there where players that pull immediately and give no chance to change spec, what takes a few seconds (and these seconds would have been taken anyways, if the player respecs before accepting).