Ret in dire need of raw damage tuning

I know theres a running meme to buff Ret but right now we are far too low damage in most cases. All our damage comes from the new hero talents but our main rotation doesnt hit for anything. I think mechanically the rotation (especially the Templar) is fantastic. But I think our raw damage needs tuning before mythic + and raids release to make us viable. ITs not fun spending a couple hours a night trying to get invited.

Thanks for reading.

6 Likes

Id wait till we get our set bonus. Then start fretting about tuning.

1 Like

It’s a solved game. The PTR and countless graphs have shown that Ret stinks.

The last nerfs were unjustified.
People were crying about the prepatch where ret trully was a monster and look at the spec now.
They should revert the nerfs.
In pve ret is kinda ok in Aoe but single target is meh same thing in Pvp.

3 Likes

Our AoE seems good, but our ST seems to be absolutely diabolical. I hope we get tuning soon. Fingers crossed the next reset we’ll see a huge wall post of fixes and changes.

1 Like

Else we’ll march with pitchforks and fire toward blizzard hc! :smiley:

Here’s your buff.

1 Like

Given the mastery nerf, I doubt this “buff” will remain a buff when people start getting better gear. Perhaps 1 or 2% compared to the 10 or 20% needed.

1 Like

Thats like 2% dmg boost which is nothing.
Meanwhile feral druids that delete you in a stun getting more buffs. Balance druids that spam 1 button and melt people getting buff?
Where the F is Blizzard? Oh wait. What the F are they doing?

How did you convert a 5% holy spell buff into 2%?

My TV was hitting for 200k and my druids FB was hitting for 400k, this was at lvl 70 before i leveled but is it still the same? FB can borderline be spammed half the time and its double the power of paladins 3hp spender? and we can;t use 4 hp anymore… paladin hits like a wet noodle.

1 Like

Ret damage is just awful right now. I don’t even know where to start tbh. It seems like every other class is just on another level.

2 Likes

ST damage definitely needs a buff, AoE damage on the other hand is very strong.

2 Likes

Blizzard please listen to the people that play your game. We dont want to be the best, we just want fair treatment. play Ret for just a couple days and you’ll see our ST damage is unacceptable

2 Likes

Mastery nerf.

Mastery is our most important secondary stat. It might not mean much to nerf it now, but by the time we’re wearing gear from +10 keys, it’ll a huge nerf, which impacts us more than this piffling 5% holy damage buff.

2 Likes

wait so our dmg is crap and they nerf it even more? do I need to unsub?

2 Likes

If ret is so bad why its the most played spec ingame? They do good damage in dungeons and pvp while being easy to play and tanky af. Ret is not a fury warrior rets have group utility which seperate the good from the bad. You are not supposed to have it all, best st and sustained aoe. You have good burst in aoe and priority adds. Dont always whine.

Because its one of the most iconic classes and thats about it.

Its tanky for the wrong reasons, mainly Bubble, LoH, BoP and Spellwarding. It has dmg for the wrong reasons, its range combined with above “tankyness”. If one doesnt have a bubble popper one must burst a paladin down b4 the debuff window is over.

Nearly all of them date back to vanilla, 2 “new” ones in pvp talents

None is asking for the best, they are asking for decent.

Nah ill keep asking for basic tools every other class has such as

• Gapcloser
  • Spammable slow
  • CC on par with others
  • Pvp oriented talents that is NOT lowered in duration/dmg/healing/% in pvp enviorment, currently most of them are.
1 Like

What Id give for a Tirion vs frostmourne type leap or Yrel in HoTS. Would be so much fun and if tuned right, would be more than gap closer, but an actually fun and interesting to use ability even when you dont need to close the gap

I miss hand of hinderance