Ret paladin healing in PVP

Tested ret paladin World of glory and Flash of light in arenas, yes, probably 515 ilvl not 528, but
Word of glory average heal 85k ±
Flash of light average heal 87-90k
Just want to say, thay i got bigger heals in early s3 with much lower hp pool???
CMON, with average 1.3-1.4hp pool 86k heal for 3 holy power, ITS NOT OKAY, hello!!!
Warrior, for example, got more absorb/healing then ret, its not okay.

if it makes you feel any better holy pala doesn’t seem to heal much more than that :clown_face:

if you want my advice then reroll, paladin is not nor will it ever be a PvP class, it’s either broken beyond believe or so trash no one looks at it, and 9 out of 10 times it’s trash so just play something OP like everyone else

3 Likes

Thanks, but I like ret spec and paladin.
Not interesting to play op class, php/phs, ret/war, ret/dh was still playable s3, but holystrike and low healing - two biggest problems we got with rework…

It blows my mind that not only WoG costs 3 HP, it also costs Mana…
FoL is better in the way of healing compared…

2 Likes

I’m gonna speak as a prot pvper, so maybe no one cares about it, but I feel heals are pretty universal between paladin specs.
To top myself i have to use all my mana, if i heal others it feels like a waste anyway.
Even more forms of “offensive” heals (golden path, judgment of light, lightforged blessing and crusader’s reprive) are not enough and feel like a waste of talent points.

Just to add some numbers to what i’m saying:
Golden path heals 1.8k x 13 times = 23.400 in 12 secs (1% of my hp)
Judgment of light is 4.1k (0,2% of my hp, so if I consume all 5 stacks it’s 1%)
Both lighforged blessing and crusader’s reprive heal 1% in pvp. Keep in mind that crusader’s reprive means not using WoG.
Then I jump on my arms warrior and I have leech + pain and gain + impending victory which makes me heal more and faster…

1 Like

I keep losing in pvp as it’s so bad. But in pve it’s so good i soloed the big drake in the fyrakk event

Class is brutal.
I picked a couple classes out that i liked the elite set of, including warrior dk and paladin playing 2s and soloq, warrior was by far the easiest getting it on 2 different warriors, uhdk was a struggle, damage being very bad and survivability non existent.
But BY FAR ret is the worse, healing is very low, fully geared the healing still averages around 90k, damage on damage meters looks high, but in reality feels like im doing nothing, not having grievous wound effect is felt, cc range is also very low, i think the class is reliant on someone else doing the ccing? but with such low damage and no grievous its brutal, class is definitely in the gutter, by far the worse class i’ve played this expansion, i was thinking its a me problem, but not seeing paladins in general tells me its a class problem.

1 Like

Ret Paladins for PvP, especially after the last patch. It’s very bad that many classes had their PvP nerfs removed, but nothing was done for Retribution Paladins. Almost every class has overpowered healing except for Retribution. An ability like Divine Protection only gives a 10% damage reduction in PvP combat. Word of Glory (WoG) received a buff, but nothing has changed in PvP. Why does WoG still require both Holy Power and mana and yet heal for so little?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.