Ret paladin solo shuffle

I played a 2s with a ret pala, had to keep telling him to line out of sight from casters like shadow and locks when they started to pump, but the dude ignored me 3 times because the guy kept tunnelling on the target and kept wasting his strongest cds and die.

If you are not like that ret then you have higher chances of surviving during cds and win the games.

Ret paladins are something to not under estimate, they deal excessive damage, just need to play smart.

Ret it still good, you just have to play it reckless and extremely agressive. Keep pumping. I found out with lot of games this style had higher % of wins/sucess.

1 Like

Facing wizards in solo shuffle with ret right now is probably the most unfun gaming experience I had in my life.

Damage feels good tho but the defensive nerfs were maybe a bit too much. I feel like we’re back at the squichy melee we were before the rework, or even worse cause our self healing is so garbage compare to what it used to be.

1 Like

Agreed, 388 pvp ilvl is low even for last season standards. I am sitting at 440 atm with like 1-2 pieces of conquest, the rest is Honor.

fixed that for you

The problem is ‘hit and run’ playstyle is something that warriors, dks and paladins aren’t supposed to do. Thats for stuff like rogues. In the same way fire mages are supposed to be built around combustion windows and DB>sheeps, you wouldn’t want to end up in a scenario where fire does absurd damage the entire time it is in combat. At that point you’ve just made another warlock spec.

Playing your plate melee as a rogue unsurprisingly doesn’t work either, because they weren’t built to stand behind pillars and wait for cooldowns, which is why all plate melees right now are several hundred peak rating below even mid-tier wizards like ele and spriest.

I’m having pretty decent success with hit and run ret tactics right now (in shuffle atleast, for all thats worth), swapping around between long and short wings for either a big 2 min go and smaller 1 min gos inbetween or decently big gos on a 1 min timer. So far I been unlucky and dont have a single tierpiece and im pooling my conquest for either catalyst or to buy whatever tierpiece i get from the vault.

I don’t feel weak at all, except when I face some abhorrent ret nightmare comp like Splay.

peeking corners with the new longrange TV IN ARENA is my new favourite thing to do, then popping out for a quick setup with long wings makes it all the better.

cursed sentence

holy crap, let me fix that.

Nah, hit an run playstyle is weak and unfun, I won higher % of games last season for example when i started using Reckless playstyle, Basicaly using every single deff to continue dmg/bubble offensively. Keep pumping, keep pushing. I mean ofc its not gonna work for High rating, but I only care about 2,4k no point going higher. This tactic is basicaly Tempo gainer, If you gain enought tempo and press other team into defense you won on the spot as you can keep pushing even harder, with dampening very hard to recover. But like i said this wont work against High rated players, for example last season it would only work up untill 2,6 maybe if lucky, but i did not bother playing once i hit 2,4k, had no time left to play to reach legend anyways. One thing i say for sure you aint gonna see me do some cowardly “Hit and runs”. Keep pumping or get pumped on.

According to who? As far as I remember rets were always about running for 10 mins doing nothing and going on only during their go.

Feels the same getting wrecked by casters cant do s
t they need to revert the nerfs ret got

Skill issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.