Ret Pally rework inc, FDK next please

Does it, in any shape or form, excluding the loot choices, affect people playing DW?

No, it doesn’t. Don’t be that guy yelling “Stop having fun” because you don’t like it.

Somone over at the U.S. DK Forums made a good post how the class should be changed, i completely agree with him.

Again, i do not care at all, if frost is DW or 2hand, all i care, is, that blood is enabled, as dd spec, so much, much MUCH more people would see this spec in action. Blood is of course the least played spec you can imagine with any kind of pvp beeing the worst offender.

And since, blood stacks a lot of unique vampiric abilities, this is just a waste.

In any case in terms of gameplay mechanics the presences must return, should have never removed them in legion, without any request for that one by the playerbase.

Yes it does, because it’s splitting the loot in 2, and there is no way to guarantee 1 h drops for frost, which is the type of weapon you want for it.

So you either have no idea what you are talking about, or don’t play the spec, which means you don’t know what you are talking about.

In short, this confirmed to me that you have no idea what you are saying. But i mean you are running 2h as frost so that tells me just about all i need to know.

2h frost is basically the single minded fury thing, but worse, in some ways. It’s cosmetic, but otherwise inferior in every way.

If blizzard allowed us to choose the type of weapon we want this would be a non issue, but it’s not like that, is it. So this means that it’s a problem for no real benefit.

If you don’t know what you are talking about don’t say anything, that’s the problem, i was fine with talking about the merits “although it has none” and demerits of it, but when you start pretending that there is no issue with it, and saying stupid stuff such as “why are you trying to take the fun away, it doesn’t really affect you” then i have a problem with that argument, and it also denotes your lack of knowledge.

I don’t think you know that I mentioned this earlier. Scroll up and read.

Sadly, i do, played DK since OG Wrath, with a break during MoP to late WoD. 2H frost since the start of SL.

I find it fun, that’s why i play it.

But, you’ve decided that you’re right no matter what anyone else says at this point unfortunately. So i suggest we put a punctuation there before it gets worse.

Indeed, Blood would be a fun spec if Health became a resource to use. Using your abilities to leech health, and use that health to empower your abilities. It has great potential to become a very unique spec.

Yes FDK need rework. And if they want to save Breath, then they should make it really bursty and with limit length. Breath with 1-2min lenght is not normal. Now Breath isn’t bursty, becouse i remember Legion and start of BFA ,when Frost DK using Breath and immediately being top1 dps for breath length 30sec and 30sec was really good length. Another way with breath is delete cooldown, becouse now Breath is simple ability without much power.
But in my opinion, Breath should go away. Boring and too much conflict with boss mechanics. Burst should be short in time.

3 Likes

I responded on a different post.

This allow BoS to stay, if they’re so adamant to keep it. But it also makes it more useful in M+, doesn’t make you feel cheated out of DPS when you have to move during mechanics or are unlucky with procs as much as it does during a 2 min cooldown.

Except logs kinda prove this incorrect. As there are more FDKs on wowlogs then survival hunters…

Most players will swap to the highest performing specc tbh. So both are low in regards to their counter speccs.

But given unholy isnt much worse then frost in raids, while being ALOT better in m+ means most will simply make things easy by just playing unholy for both.

No it’s not that i decided i’m right, i’m right because i know what i’m talking about and you don’t.

Your previous comment confirmed your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Just because you played the spec for a long time doesn’t mean you know what you are talking about, i met people who played for a long time and are as bad as the first day they came.

But you can go ahead and make your own assumptions about how it’s actually a non issue at all, and prove yet again how you don’t know what you are talking about.

This change was not made at the behest of people who know the game, it was made at the behest of people who wanted it back because muh flavor, and it caused nothing but trouble for the spec.

Because you liked it? It’s literally irrelevant, how about we focus on stuff that actually matters like how to improve the rotation, instead of focusing on stuff that is detrimental to the game, and doesn’t add anything in return, what exactly makes two handed frost better exactly? The rotation? The rotation is the same, the flavor? Who cares if it doesn’t add anything to the actual gameplay. The fact that you get 1 bigger hit instead of 2 smaller ones? Literally irrelevant.

You guys are so focused on your stupid bs that you miss the bigger picture.

I’m done with this, anyone with some knowledge about the game will understand immediately who is wrong here. Why? Because anyone with knowledge about the game already knows that this is a problem for frost dk.

Hi every one. Why are you argue about who should get changes ret or fdk. This is pointles… The main question is, why can’t they change ret/fdk/surv hut/ etc in the same time. Why while ret team is thinking how to change ret why DK team can’t do the same thing.

10 characters.

Because they are not teams.
1 person does 2 or more specs in the game.

Also just for reference for you DK players this is the 3 time ret paladin has had any communication from blizzard from the start of Beta Fragonflight.
First one was when they removed a talent they wrote some reason for why.
Second one was now in 10.0.5 patch notes where they said they looked at ret
Third one is this confirmation that it will change.
That is all the communication blizzard has given.

Sow this is the problem. Why 1 one person does 2 ore more specs. ME and YOU are consumers it isn’t awer problem If they have lack of of worker to do what is need to be done. We are paing mony, and for thous mony we wont ot have fun from plaing on awer class/spec, and there is nothin fun when you spec is underdog when comering with others. SOw again, my point is to stop argue with each other who should be first, or second.

That is 3 times more than what FDK got during DF :rofl:

1 Like

Ret has needed a change for several expansions at least Frost DK is actually good at times unlike ret.

But if you feel it needs a rework i wish you get it.

You know that its exactly vice versa when it comes to arenas?

No, I completely agree with you on that. Ret has a terrible gameplay design, I have several friends playing ret pally and I can see their struggle. I’m just saying that similar to Ret. FDK is also not designed to run certain contents in the game(or more like got outdated over the years) hence it also needs at least some kind of upgrade.

2 Likes

I do not do pvp so hardly look at it, so that might be true but in PvE statistically proven from WoD til at least end of Shadowlands Ret is the worst dps spec in the game.

Frost DK might very well need a rework but based on how long it has taken for ret paladin it wont be before next expansion or the one after that, so do not get your hopes to high up.

Although I like both dw and 2h, frost was never pigeonholed in 1 type of weaponspec.

The idea that it was ‘always’ a dw spec is based of a single talent at the start of dks in the frost tree, that was ment for dual wield. But it diden’t make dw beter over 2h, and sure as hell dident make it a dw from the getgo.

Anyhow, yes to frost rework. Don’t change to much in the way to play it, but add extra options and buffs to the table.

That was not the point, from a design prospective dw was always supposed to be the weapon of choice for frost, not 2h.

The fact that people used 2 h was simply as a result that you could, and that in the past 2 h weapons have been generally better.

1 Like

Technically they could tweak numbers for everyone every week. They are not doing that. Balance of classes is important part of game, yet it feels like there are more people working on implementing battle pass then on balancing game.