Retail vs Classic Servers?

Which servers have more people? Are retail servers still in High population?

We can’t say for sure. Since classic doesn’t work with census anymore.

But retail seems to be between 3-5 million player

While Classic is around 4 million characters made

Also in classic most people stop at 30 and low

We don’t know how the calculate full on retail realms , but I had a que to log into my dead server last week

Retail for EU is around 1milion in total.And classic is around 300k from estimated numbers with census.

Now regarding numbers wise how many players each server holds,my guess is every retails max player number for server is 10k people(draenor and silvermoon are exception since they are really big,they are 15k).It cant go bigger since the engine that the game was designed is quite old,and the sharding isnt helping with the balance side of things(even number of player for each realm,and faction balance for each zone it is running in the background).Also for EU id say you have 20 healthy retail servers,the rest of them are around 2k-4k players.

Now for classic server i was saying since launch we are having 3 layers each able to hold 3k player+the realm it 12k players for each classic server.

When you say retail has 3-5 million players, you mean different character created? Or different players?

According to wowrealmpopulation about there are about 1,7M active characters across EU/US servers. Active means actively playing in last 2 weeks. Classic? Hard to say, we only have census data but many people created more than 10 characters on different realms while they play only 1 character. Hard to say, hard to say.

“Currently we have 8,023,559 characters in the database (seen in last two weeks: 4,878,229).” - https ://wowpop.appspot.com/

Where did you pull your random made up figures from Transmoggu?

From this mvp troll guy who was talking to the lightforged dranei about player numbers.

The mvp makes good analyses about retail

While lightforged dranei explained how characters in classic are spread

different players

That is not the Truth. I am still under lvl 40, does that mean i stoped playing after hiting lvl 30?

Flawed argument from BFA (babies form Azeroth) players-

Can we stop with these stupid threads.

Iam also over Level 30 in classic ?

What the hell is your argument.

Okay we are in the minority ? And now ? Not like it’s a bad thing

Yes you are, and no one on this part of the forum cares about that.

What bothers me is you trying to make it look like people are leaving Classic after hitting 30 because you are jealous of its success.

His name is Trelw and you complelty got everything wrong from his post.This is the original one,you made your numbers off;

Yeah iam jealous because blizzard is stealing player from my mmorpg , I try to sell /s

I play more classic than retail at the moment, since i dislike bfa. But iam realistic , yes people leave classic. Look at the forums , look on your server.

People play a few level and see if they like it or not. And leveling gets really slow around 30

Is classic healthy ? Yes
Are you delusional ? Yes

don’t bother. he is a bot/shill probably in his 30s

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.