Retail WoW World MS stays high!

Hey guys, since Dragonflight released I’ve had tons of issues with networking and it’s the only game giving me and 2 other people I know, high ping.

Other games, including Classic WoW, gives me normal, consistent ping. I have renamed WTF, Interface and Cache folders. I have uninstalled the Curseforge addon client. I have made sure all my updates on my computer has been done, still the game is unplayable. It gets even worse in battlegrounds.

Are there any people that has encountered this and has found a work-around?

Thanks in Advance!

1 Like

Been having the same on and off for the 2 days, home latency normal but world varying from 300 to 1300ms, with extreme rubberbanding with flying and boss fights.

Just followed the flushdns instructions as per Blizzard tips and it seemed ok for about 10 mins…seeing it creep up to 180ms again :frowning:

I’ll try the same as you and see if Classic has the same issue. If not then it can hardly ben an issue with our system/local internet.

Yep and its driving me mad. It’ll sit low, and then suddenly the world MS will spike to over 2k, ill lag out for 10 seconds and then it’ll drop back down.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
4gee.wifi - 0 510 510 1 3 13 2
No response from host - 100 102 0 0 0 0 0
185.60.112.157 - 0 510 510 46 60 252 60
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I’ve seen similar threads but no official response from Blizzard on what an exact cause or solution might be. I would love it if they could provide some kind of progress update because it’s certainly odd for WoW of all games to lag out like this.

I’ve played this game for a long time, and this is the first expansion that’s been completely unplayable when doing raids, bg’s and even arenas.

1 Like

its not on our side my winmtr reports the same, starts on an craphole similiar to 185.60.112.157 - 0 dns reverse lookup confirms this address belongs to blizzard
burned out servers probably only workaround is to go offline until very late, i dont know if its even worth it to stay subbed anymore

1 Like

It started for me as well today. Home ms is 25 and world ms is 400. Asked in the raid if its only me and yeah, everyone else was ok. At the moment the game is unplayble in a group setting…

Reading Blizzard responses to this issue it seems you either deal with it, play with lag and accept a non-asnwer from Blizzard or just quit haha

1 Like

Happened again tonight.
All was fine during the day, then about 8-9pm game time everything went to hell.
Game was unplayable for me from about 8:30 to 11:00pm.

I did get a reply from a ticket I made yesterday…about contacting my isp and to follow more troubleshooting guides.
Never even bothered to read my message I think, as had told them I had pinged most mainland cities in Europe without issue.
That and the simple fact that Classic indeed does not have any increase latency at all.

Well, Wotlk classic is now having the same problem, i am on mirage raceway and world latency is getting to the point where it is impossible to play. I sincerely expect the devs to sort this out soon but what i want more is some answer from them on what is going on.

Yet another post Blizzard graciously ignores. :partying_face:

high world ms, can use chat others can see and i reply them but unplayable lag > disconnect

Anything, Blizzard?

Same, seems to only happen in M+ instances, or at least that’s where biggest spikes happen. Game runs fine, can walk but can’t cast spells and mobs/players are stuck for a couple seconds. During freezes world ms is between 250-1000ms. Dragon Isles/Orgrimmar are/were spike-free, even during Greedy Emissary.

Running WinMTR shows that xe-0-0-1-br01-cthz1(.)blizzardonline(.)net is almost always at 20-40% packet loss with ping being between 500ms-5s.

Other games, Discord Voice/Streams, YouTube, Netflix, Plex run lag-free. So it’s definitely a Blizzard’s issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.