Retribution Paladin Tuning in Patch 10.0.7

Isnt the nerf to Fading Light a little to big?

With 3% it is more or less useless.

On a side note question about DPS nerf:
What about the Setbonus?
Right now (if im not totally wrong) the Season 1 Setbonus is MUCH stronger for retri paladin then the upcomming Season 2.

Wouldnt it be better to “nerf” the S1 setbonus and look how it plays out with S2?
Because the Setboni will change the DPS of every class by a lot

1 Like

Can’t see that happening. Getting rid of a Divine Steed charge would basically be a death sentence in PvE.

Ret’s mobility prior to the rework (still is actually) was such a hinderance in PvE that they were outright unviable on some bosses. It was one of the few specs that flat out could not do some boss mechanics without external help from other classes. Like Leap of Faith and Warlock gate. And as a result, Ret had the highest death rate out of any dps spec in the game. Despite that on paper their defences was very good.

And you might say that’s what team work is for, to shore up each others weaknesses. But in practise people just didn’t take Ret Paladins. Because tools that would normally be used to save someone from dying due to a mistake, and possibly prevent a wipe, was now pre-planned on being wasted on that one guy (the Ret) who could not take care of themself.

People don’t call them a wheelchair spec just for the memes. Their poor mobility in PvE was sometimes a liability for the entire raid/group. For example, there are only 402 logs for the entire Paladin class (only 86 of which are Ret) for Mythic Raszageth prior to 10.0.7. That is less than some individual specs of other classes.

This feel’s a bit far.
I know every Pvp players hates paladin’s was all time this case and will every be!
but why not nerv him only im PvP this much ?
3% for Fading Light is in single target situation’s only 900 hps, that’s a net loss of 2,1k hps while its get’s down to 225hps in PvP, Why should anyone every pick this talent now ?
just say that you want everyone to pick the pure dps Option.

The 3% nerf i dunno, in PvE it’s i think ok. But what you forgot that atm there is a borrowed power in this game. and with 9.1 everyone will lose this borrowed power. that will hurt the ret, who not only uses the Onyxring, but the Eranog Ring + grieftorch.
While nerfing him now by 3% might be ok to bring him down to the middle of the pack, it will shoot him to the bottom at the next patch, where all stat scaling classes will be buffed by having more stats.

The Defensive nerfs are i think ok without the case of Fading Light, which was hit way too hard.

All I can think is that ret paly was able to shiny for 2 week’s. It’s more than they ever was able to show in PvE, thanks to PvP crowds hating him too much.

But my question would be:
Why not nerfing the sub rouge, the tank warri, the shadow, the restru druid, or the unlimited aoe of unholy, the Insane amount of selfheal every warlock has on it for the last 5 expansions ( The Tankiest non tank to ever exist in wow, for no reason)

I rerolled to pala in 10.0.7 and i will stay on it.
to get a raid spot as a tank is hard, and the tank pala is garbage in the raid and will it be always.
the holy has a really awefull playstil.
so the only option is Retri.
And i am worried that i can’t play it in 10.1

2 Likes

thank you Wheelchair bro =D

i thougth they promised better mobility for pally with the rework =D
but they just like the meme’s too much =D

A slap on the wrist, what a joke.

JUST REMOVE 1 MIN WINGS CHANGE IT TO 2 MIN AND REMOVE SPELL BOP = RET GOOD BUT NOT BROKEN.

SpellBob is a PvP talent. so i dont care about it.
Change the wing to 2min CD and you killed a fun playstile in PvE.

2 Likes

to be Honest which other role than dd should take a ret ?
they didn’t heal anything or could dispell anything pre rework.
Maybe you just don’t want any other specc than mage to be dominating everywhere =D

Ret still has no good slow, no good get closer, one stun, one burst window(ok now every minute but by far not that burst focussed like before) if you are complaying that they deal good damage for it feel’s like the first time in wow history. just kite them in PvP

but understandable that nobody like ret#s in PvP they just want to stick to the rouge, warri, mage principle

2 Likes

Can ret get a mortal strike then? Because now we’re just going back to arms meta.

1 Like

Can this please be applied to Retri only? Leave it for Holy, pleeeeaaaaseeee!

That’s basically an unbreakable Divine Shield.

DEADSPEC ZULULULULLLLLLL. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3% yeet

1 Like

You’re a pathetic attempt at a troll.

Ret paladins right now in PvP are an abomination, they have the same representation as all other DPS combined except warrior/demo as they play with rets every game.

Take a look at the statistics, rets games in 3s in the last 24 hours = 6,200

Unholy DK+ frost dk = 283

You don’t see the problem with imbalance like this?

Whether you believe it or not, rets were fine before the rework, they had good representation in 3s as they did well with Ret warrior.

Rets surpass the meta currently as it’s the only choice you have.

I was farming glad wins pre Ret rework at 2.5 in 3s, I’m now 2.1 and the rets that have been hard stuck 1.9 forever are now 2.6+ in the hardest and most deflated season ever.

People like Narcollies hard stuck all season 2.1 and he’s now magically 2.7 in rank 1 range when he plays subpar as Ret, it’s disgusting.

1 Like

WhY nErF rEt???

1 Like

We are never allowed to shine for long :rofl:

Are you a troll or just not able to read?
i am and was talking about PVE do you understand what PVE is or do you need help with that?

3% was not enough. Needs at least a one before the three.

What? Need a 0 after 3.

But everything is fine guys, busted exploit Ratribution Cryladins are “shining” for the first time since ICC.

:rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy:

There is a difference between being allowed to shine and blazing so brightly that it single handedly destroyed a game mode.

2 Likes

Protection paladin relies on this stuff :rage::rage::rage: every 20% of shield we get a reduction of avenging wrath which is a major defensive with talent.
Soooooooo huge nerf for prot :rage::rage::rage: thank you.

Ahh just in time for everyone to already have their titles and ranks from rerolling ret.