Retribution Paladins p4 dps vs an Undead boss, R.Vengeance vs Repentance

Retribution paladins dps performance is performing average, to low average at the moment. (I don’t mind with that position at all, neither i have the audacity to beg for overpowered tools so i can dominate in dps). But its vs Testwerk.

There may be a problem with that.

The boss the whole test is happening (Testwerk) is an undead boss. This gives paladins 100% crit chance on their exo ability (a core dps ability on their rotation).

I am just wondering if blizzard is aware of that, since when the whole raiding start vs non undead bosses in p4, retri paladins may hit rock bottom and their utility kit is nothing a holy or prot paladin can’t cover. So, as u can suspect, there will be no spot for them in raids.

There is also another problem which amazes me how no1 have addressed all this time.

After the vindication nerf, the only retribution rune left for paladins on cloak is Righteous Vengeance, basically a bleed effect. While it is a nice dmg boost for pve, for pvp it breaks Repentance, which is not just a skill, it is the – ULTIMATE LAST TALENT – of the retri tree. Having a rune (which u cant control) that negates your supposedly go to talent point, after you have to invest all the way down there, does not feel ultimate at all.

To whomever reads my post, i am thankful for the time u spend for it. HF all and lets hope p4 rocks like nothing else ever again!

4 Likes

They dont, they’re so obsessed around Seal Twisting that they have 0 awareness of everything else. Current team/person that works on Rets are useless and incompetent

Big slow twohanders and seal twisting are “fun” in their world

Sad truth is that Paladin was undercooked in Vanilla and they never managed to figure out what to do with Paladins.
The Runes they gave us could be enough, if they seriously buffed the damage on CS/DS for example - but they are afraid of having strong Paladins in PvP, so they do middle of the road stuff that is completely tone-deaf when compared to other hybrids and the performance/utility they bring.
A healing Moonkin is a great niche to give out a neat buff to their group, potentially having an innervate for someone, while also sniping an instant heal here and there.
Why can’t Paladins be the Melee version of that?
We don’t want to be Warriors - you can play Warrior for that, but we don’t want to be only healers like it used to be in Vanilla either.
If the Auras were a bit more of a buff for PvE then we could bring something other than DPS to the table (you know, like in TBC/Wrath)