Return (4yrs) LF active EU realm (good H&A balance) for active raiding and PVP

So as legible in the title, I have been gone for four years, I main horde yet wish to play alliance as well to get their story perspective, I wish to raid (tank) and do PvP actively, thus I seek a server that has a good alliance and horde player base that is active.
The point that the server is active is very important as Hellfire seems to be dead and I HATE long queue times and ONLY finding polish (or other languages I don’t understand) speaking guilds that are only social.
Please leave a comment if you know the place for me!

2 Likes

Welcome back!

There is no place for you.

There may be placeS for you. :slight_smile:

Balanced realms are bad, and they die. You will not find a single realm where you can get an active scene in either PvE or PvP, much less both, on either faction.

You should look to two realms, one for Alliance and one for Horde. Then you have lots of options.

There really isn’t much benefit in putting two different characters on opposite factions of the same realm anyway. With the help of a friend, you can transfer gold between them, but otherwise they can’t help each other in any way.

(Actually, using the pet trick, you can transfer gold between factions and realms, but it is a bit awkward, and not instant.)

So you want to start looking for a Horde realm, and an Alliance realm.

Start here:
https://realmpop.com/eu.html

and click the “Horde” and “Alliance” headers to sort by the faction population. The first 10 or 20 in English will probably be your prospect list - down to a pop. of about 250K.

Another resource you will want will be

showing the number of people with significant PvE progress.

Pretty much the same names.

If it’s me, and I was most interested in progress above all, I’d look at Tarren Mill for Horde and Ravencrest for Alliance pretty hard, maybe Draenor and Silvermoon as well.

Now go check out the realm forums, which you will find when you scroll down a bit here:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/

Mostly guild ads. See if there’s some outfit that might suit you.

Roll a level 1 on your target realms, chat to the recruiters in /Trade. Use

and click through a target realm to find guilds there. Guild pages there often have descriptions that might be helpful.

Also peruse

and

to find openings that might suit you.

2 Likes

I’ve also found an intrest in WoW again, in my case it’s due to the announcement for Classic.

Loging in on my old character it became clear the server had died and playing there is a non-option.

So i started looking for a new server to start over.

What I’m looking for is almost exactly the same as what Frostseeker wants.
But your reply is very confusing. Could you ellaborate on this part please:

My old server used to be around 40/60 split A/H. A reasonable balance that worked for both. We had reasonable queu times for the BGs, slightly in favor for A. We often had spontaniouse skirmishes erupt while leveling because both factions usualy had simmilar numbers in the area. If someone asked for help dealing with ganking we (A) would come over to the area because we knew it wouldn’t be an overwheling force we’d have to deal with and if we were the ones starting trouble there would be a good chance the Horde would get backup and that was fun and and an exciting distraction while grinding/question.

So in short: How/why are balanced servers bad ? How did the game change to make it so?

Thanks in advance for helping mw find a new place to play while waiting for the main event.

You are remembering how it was on a PvP server before CRZ. At that time, balance was valuable for exactly the cases you explain.

Since CRZ, the people you meet in the world may be from any server. When you enter Westfall, it’s not your Westfall; it’s a copy of a shared Westfall, and Blizzard’s algorithm decides which people from which realms entering Westfall should go into which copy.

So the idea of seeing the same people again and again - on the opposite faction OR your faction - is just gone.

There are no PvP realms any more. You choose when in Stormwind or Org whether to put War Mode on or not. Regardless of your realm. If it’s on, it’s like being on a PvP realm. If it’s off, you are effectively on a PvE realm. And either way, you will only see people in the same mode as you outside the cities. And all realms are mixed into these copies of zones.

Battlegrounds and Dungeons are queued mixing people from all realms together.

There barely are realms any more. Auction House and trade, Mythic Raiding, and guilds are the last three structures left of them.

So the situation an individual is in when choosing a realm is to say: what does this realm offer me in terms of people to trade with, guild with, raid with? And every person on the other faction is useless to you. You can’t even fight them reliably. And so people fade out of realms where their faction is in a minority, and those realms go down slowly and painfully.

NONE OF THIS WILL APPLY TO CLASSIC. Classic will have the same kind of structures you remember. (Well, there’s a thing about “layering” going on at the moment, but it doesn’t affect this question.)

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick and to-the-point reply.

What you are telling me is a bit discouarging but i guess that’s just how it is and I’ll have to deal with it. /sulk

I did notice that my server had become very poluted, I didn’t see a single player without an asterix indicating they were from a diffrent server. I asked about this in chat and was told only RP servers weren’t fractured so i made a character on Argent Dawn where it did look like was what I was looking for. I’m not so sure now.

I was hoping to have my cake and eat it too like I used to. I’m primarely a pve player but the best part of pve was getting interupted with pvp. Either while leveling or when in the middle of nowhere doing dull consumeble farming or when clashing with the other faction just while moving to the raid/dungeon instance.

The server being non-fractured and full is probebly the most importaint thing to me, I’d like to get to learn to know the people I end up grouping with or fight against. Are there any servers where I might find sutch a thing ?

You appear knowlegeable about servers so I’ll ask you.

In short: Do you know of any servers that might provide the experiences I’ve discribed ?

Argent Dawn is your best chance.

You will be sharded with all the other RP realms, so you will often see people from other realms, but AD’s size, plus whatever extra protection RP realms, give you the best available chance of seeing mostly people from your own realm.

I am not at all sure about War Mode on RP realms, though. I have put it on and rarely seen a soul. But since I mostly leave it off, that isn’t strong evidence.

1 Like

Thanks for your imput, I desided I’ll just try to experiment and level a character to see if there is enough pvp action that keeps leveling fresh and exciting.

If anyone else reads this and knows of a place that is non-fractured AND has a culture of keeping pvp flag ON, please let me know.

The place would be Defias Brotherhood, but if you are in WM on AD, you should be merged with DB in the world, outside the hubs.

MAYBE if you were on DB in WM you would get more action, because of the lesser sharding and mixing on RP realms, but I honestly don’t know whether it makes a difference.

1 Like

Would DB be poppulated with mostly others from DB or would i see * all over ?
Would there be enough people to play with from DB on either faction ? I’m partial to Aliance.

Hm. Realmpop.com is not responding atm.

I don’t know the answer, since I don’t play there. It’s adequately populated both sides, balanced, and has a (former, at least) culture of PvP, since it used to be a RP-PvP realm. It doesn’t have the activity of AD, though.

1 Like

I’ll find out the old-fashioned way.

Thank you for your most generous sharing of your knowledge and experience.

Take care Gráinne, I hope that some day I can be as helpfull to the players I’ll meet as you have been.

Stay awesome

3 Likes

May you let me know where you are playing?
Also returning after a 10 years pause, would love to join you!

1 Like

Hello Durzan

Sorry i didn’t notice your reply sooner.

I followed Gráinnes’ advice and made some characters on Argent Dawn and Defias Brotherhood.

I leveled several characters, both Alliance and Horde to get a feel of the servers and desided to chose Argent Dawn as I found poppulation very low on Defias.

I should point out that outdoor pvp is completely dead on both servers for both factions in my experience, I have yet to see a single player from opposing faction while leveling. This might be very diffrent at post lvl 60 but that’s as high lvl as I want to be for now.

I’ll make a character on Ravenholt to send you an ingame mail with the names of my horde and alliance characters in case you still wish to group up on Argent Dawn

Majority of the warmode players are indeed at max level (120).
Very few are leveling at the moment, but instead working on getting their pathfinder achievements so they can fly in BfA zones.

I actually now rerolled as alliance or Ravencrest and joined an active raiding guild and it has been working out so far, the poeple are nice so thx for the tip.

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear you landed on your feet! I hope you enjoy. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.