Return to WoW and Get Shadowlands Free!

The promotion is not for new players, it is for players that bought at least one expansion, wich means it is for returning players. A new player that created his account since SL launched received BFA for free so it is not eligible, but any player that was playing during any old expansion and pay for that expansion when it was not free (it could be BFA, but also any other expansion since TBC) is eligible for the promotion.

1 Like

I bought my copy, do I get a refund?

You could try requesting a refund, since it was a recent purchase and then it was made free due a promotion.

6 Likes

I’ve put in a ticket, fingers crossed.

1 Like

it is offer for old players who atleast have one expansion on their account .it is not for new players

Great idea for bringing in new people. But don’t forget about your old timers and loyal players who have supported the game even at its worst days. To have a solid house, you must support the foundations.

2 Likes

even if they reject that you still have a one lifetime exception option to claim that your card was used without your approval by a family member .

This blows for my step-son; he wants to start playing again but he’s lost access to his account (lost access to the e-mail address he registered the game with) so free anything for him on that account is a waste.

why not make something for new players aswell, they already ruined the leveling experiance for them so give them something in return
I honestly can’t see someone start playing wow from scratch and enjoy it without a guide

So people who PAYED months of gametime but never bought previous expansions still won’t get anything
 It’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

So having paid for gametime at some point does not count for the promotion? That seems like either an oversight or an extreme showcase of greed.

2 Likes

I suppose they believe most old players have paid at least for one expansion before they left the game and people who had paid gametime but not any expansions are new players instead. Any old expansion counts, from TBC to BFA as long as the players have not received it for free.

Anyway, SL will become free at some point soon, probably when DF pre-patch launches.

This kind of move is only done if you want players to come back to a game you know you 
d up! :smiley:

1 Like

would have been better if they awarded 2 months free with a 6 months sub + the mount. We want people who already owns SL to come back :stuck_out_tongue:

Very Nice
Thankyou

1 Like

What if im going to buy Dragonflight prepaid now? Is there a chance that it would be considered as i already own one of expansion so i can get Shadowlands for free :slight_smile: ?

It’s nice to see the same type of whining as with the Amazon Prime promotion :joy:

Others get stuff for free
 but what about me???

1 Like

Ive been playing for a while now but the free shadowlands gift isnt popping up ? Any idea when it will show ? GoTanks :slight_smile:

Supposedly, indeed.
What this promotion actually does in my opinion: give an incentive to classic players to try this version instead of going mental about the zombie event, or playing 70 endgame with incomplete specs, or getting ultra bored at it (in case it turns out too easy), or at worst mitigating blocking technical issues, plus of course the other blocking issue of brutal overpopulation over the coming weeks.

Why do I think so?

• You still need game time / already have it
  • So you either play old game without getting the expansion
    And so it’s optional just in case you really want to stay 50 without manual xp lock
  • Or you play classic
  • It’s just a few months earlier, and pretty much the worst timing

Plus, it’s a great experiment, how much of the playerbase is simply mental about paying for sub and DLC. I guess they’ll analyse how many people did pick SL up for a reasonable period of time.

In any event, thanks. :wink:

It’s in the launcher, around the top right, next to the notification bell.
A gift box icon that usually isn’t there, with a yellow dot on it to denote unread.

1 Like