Return to WoW and Get Shadowlands Free!

I think active and paying players, even if they havent bought previous expansions should get Shadowlands for free. Let them experience it a bit more and maybe that will convince them to go ahead and buy Dragonflight. :slight_smile:

I recently started to play wow again and activated my sub at August 12. I do not own shadowlands expansion but all the others. Still I cant recieve shadowlands for free or my level 50 boost. whats wrong?

What a pointless promotion. Why cant I have SL on an alt account? Id still have to pay money for a sub to actually play. Was tempted to reactivate my 2nd account but wont pay Ā£35 for Shadowlands just to spend Ā£40 in 3 months time for Dragonflight. I was excited by this promotion and blizz would have got another Ā£10 a month from me. Now they wont.

1 Like

I get it ! Its marketing ā€¦ But what about all the players that have shadowlands and are subscribed ? Can we get lvl 50 boost atleast ā€¦ Some love ? As loyal clients ā€¦ you know ā€¦

1 Like

same here :frowning: opening a ticket takes 6 days.

I started playing again 2 months ago and bought shadowlands at the start of this month - I was LITERALLY just about to buy the legendary version of dragonflight when I saw this - I am asking for a refund for shadowlands and given the free copy, in light of the fact that I had to also pay for a race change after a hacker changed it (apparently so many years back that they have no record of it and could not help me. Changed my name and server too, but at least I got a free name change with the race change.

Freaking Ā£19 to fix my race after being hacked,
Then shadowlands, now itā€™s free.

So far support has been great to me - especially with helping get my account back in my control to begin with, so I am hoping they can help me here.

Shame the expansion is still the full price for new players. I only picked up WoW a couple of weeks ago, and I guess that was bad timing. Once Iā€™m done with the BfA campaign and reach 50 in a couple of days there will be nothing left for me to do until December cause Iā€™m not going to pay Ā£35 + sub for an expansion, only to do it again a few weeks later.

I donā€™t expect things to be free, but the price should scale with how much left there is until the next expansion. Or do a ā€œbasicā€ edition bundle to get both expansions for Ā£50, no boosts or mounts, just the game will do me fine.

shadowlands should of been free on launchā€¦

what a fiasco of a expansion.

1 Like

turn down the raids get rid off the add-ons that are needed to be able to raid and run m+ and ppl will return, now this game is getting the playground for the streamers and the no life players and the huge casual player base are dumping the game on mass .

Do you need gametime on your account for this to work?

as long as he knows the name of the email he can contact blizzard and give the names of the characters on his account , they will then change the account to his new email address, i did the same after 4 years of not playing , and losing my old email account

Thats how marketing worksā€¦ No one cares if You are paying or doing ordersā€¦ But try to just leave item in cart and they will send you a tons of email with discount and stuffā€¦ Like Bible saysā€¦ He do care more about that one lost lamb then about well behaved herdā€¦(i am atheist)

No, if you meet the criteria (mustā€™ve bought 1 expansion TBC-BFA and not own Shadowlands Battle.net wide) then you will get a gift icon on your client within 7 days.

If this doesnā€™t occur and youā€™re eligible contact Blizzard. You must not own SL on the US side either on the same Battle.net account. Free expansions rolled into the base game does not count as ā€œboughtā€.

1 Like

I still havenā€™t received the gift, Iā€™ve purchased every expansion prior & game time to try & activate this, with no success. I waited the 7 days in case the roll out was extremely slow, but still nothing! Does anyone have any tips on how to make this pop up? Seems like a very clunky way of releasing this!

I could use that lvl 50 boost, i think they need to add that to everyone who is subbed to WoW.

Thatā€™s same as for me, idk if we should wait more or what ?

My daughter did not get Shadowlands free even though she has an active account and BoA. We wrote a support ticket and received information that the free copy is not for her because the promotion ended on August 22, 2022, despite the fact that on battle.net it is clearly written that the promotion ends on September 5, 2022. We wrote another ticket asking for an explanation of why support says 22/08/22 and Battle.net 5/09/2022 - weā€™ll see how it explains

2 Likes

Big deal, rubbish is usually free anyway.

when two days ago we asked why GM says that the promotion ended on August 22, 2022 nobody answered our questions :slight_smile:

Several additions Legion and BFA were bought. but SL was never given

1 Like