Returning for prepatch and paladin?

I’d like to start levelling up for WotLK but confused about what is prepatch; Is it a period of big xp buff period to level up to 80 or 70 ? Would I miss anything besides big xp buff if skipped ?

Also from what I’ve gathered Blizzard simply gave in to mage farmers and nerfed paladin farms to ground. Are those nerfs only for TBC dungeons or carries on to WotLK too and what do they entail ? It was a good way to spend subs time after doing weeklies while also getting some good gold.

The buff has been there for about a week, getting to 70 now means it’s a smaller jump to 80. The buff will end when Wrath actually starts on 26th September. You may miss a lot of the pre-patch event, I would say start now so you are 70 when the expansion hits.

A pre-patch introduces most of the features of the next expansion except levelling to 80 and the new areas, and a few features. It also includes an event, this time it’s about zombies and things like that.

They haven’t given into the farmers, just boosters.

Thank you for the reply.

But nothing special to pre-patch right ?

Just confused there, according to patch notes there were some general nerfs both to boosters and farmers and there’s the xp nerf for boosters. Blizzard patch notes are very vague about that and couldn’t find anything on wowhead either so I wonder what were those general nerfs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.